New Game (The Final Hour) [Work In Progress] page 6

157 posts

Flag Post

Update: Guns now have recoil set to them as well as a maximum range.
The purpose of the update is to help add some more diverse game-play.

Flag Post

“Maximum range”? Sorry to be a pain, but guns as far as I know never have a maximum range. Players will not like you for it. Imagine: You fire a rocket. It travels and blows up in mid-air before it is even near your zombie. That is only going to make your players angry. A bullet that loses height or is affected by wind is reasonable, or a rocket travelling a certain distance before running out of fuel (the rocket loses height after running out of fuel, of course.) However, you generally should really only reserve maximum ranges to close range weapons.

Recoil: Players are more affected by recoil in mid-air than on the ground. Don’t apply recoil to players on the ground unless the gun is heavy weaponry.

I don’t understand how a maximum range will allow for diverse game-play, but I’m pretty sure you have something in mind. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by jasonjie88:

“Maximum range”? Sorry to be a pain, but guns as far as I know never have a maximum range. Players will not like you for it. Imagine: You fire a rocket. It travels and blows up in mid-air before it is even near your zombie. That is only going to make your players angry. A bullet that loses height or is affected by wind is reasonable, or a rocket travelling a certain distance before running out of fuel (the rocket loses height after running out of fuel, of course.) However, you generally should really only reserve maximum ranges to close range weapons.

Recoil: Players are more affected by recoil in mid-air than on the ground. Don’t apply recoil to players on the ground unless the gun is heavy weaponry.

I don’t understand how a maximum range will allow for diverse game-play, but I’m pretty sure you have something in mind. :D

- In my defense I would like to say that certain guns have different ranges like smg are close range and rifles have more. That’s simply what I mean by maximum range. If the player wants a gun the shoots further than they will have to get one that does. As far as recoil. Recoil can be added on the ground because if you are sprinting your not really accurately aiming hence increase in recoil. We dont have rockets in the game but it would be cool to add them. I might do that. Anyhow you reason how rockets dont blow up before they hit the ground is almost true and every game including them. I would add in gravity to rockets if I have them but for bullets they just fade/get removed when they are at the range limit.

Flag Post

Go for it :D

Flag Post

The game is looking pro!

Can you PM me when it’s done?

Flag Post

finished a part of multiplayer map 1
http://i.imgur.com/WUshc.png

Flag Post

Very nice graphics.

Maybe you could do what Canabalt did and add depth perception-ish effects to it? (e.g. when you move right, make the closer trees move more right that onesd that are further in the background, and vice-versa.) Just a thought.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jasonjie88:

Very nice graphics.

Maybe you could do what Canabalt did and add depth perception-ish effects to it? (e.g. when you move right, make the closer trees move more right that onesd that are further in the background, and vice-versa.) Just a thought.

I think you’re looking for “Parallax Movement”.

Flag Post

yeah already planned to do so. also update the bg more. Here it is:

Flag Post

house (work in progress)
still need to touch it up a bit

Flag Post

yea not bad. im excited for this game. just keep us updating and dont stop workin on it :D

Flag Post

Don’t forget to cache all your detailed backgrounds !

Flag Post

can you point me to a tutorial. havent seen that done before. only heard of it. thanks.

Flag Post

You’re using Player.io right? Player.io’s gameFS cache’s all assets automatically. It’s really useful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Feffers:

You’re using Player.io right? Player.io’s gameFS cache’s all assets automatically. It’s really useful.

Ah thanks. I am indeed using player.io. Ill look into that. Thanks

Flag Post

forgive me for the delay of this project. I have been busy with the startup of school and am just getting back to working on this.

Flag Post

Here is am updated image of progress for those who like the picture :)
http://i.imgur.com/6mr1I.png

Since I have finally been able to add AP Comp in my schedule this year it has help clear up tons of terms and problems I was having learning to code. This is what was added into the new engine just from today:
-added bullet casing
-fail safe of having only 30 maximum added at one time (will be able to change in settings)
-added tier icon
-added right wall object
-added left wall object
-added in hud messages (pickup weapon)
-fixed bug with primary and secondary slot switching
-fixed bug so that now when you switch between weapon slots the pullout animation is displayed
-finished testing level design and barriers
-added score txt
-added zombie kill scores to each zombie
-implemented dealing damage to enemies
-blood splashes fixed
-fail safes for having 20 max on stage at a time
-time delay to clean up blood effects

TODO:

Not too much more is required for a rough single player and when all the functions are finished in single player it will be easier to implement multi-player.

- enemy spawning
- pause menu
- settings
- random gun, ammo, and health drops from kills
- duel wielding
- grenades
- possible rpg and crossbow (crossbow will be a bit tough)

Hope to have a single player demo up in time for Christmas :)

Flag Post

updates added:
- enemy spawning up to tier 2 added
- fixed luring for zombies types 1 and 2
- bullets no longer shoot through platforms

Flag Post

Took a break from code for today and instead worked on GFX

before:

after:

Flag Post

About finished…

Flag Post