A Nice Game Idea page 2

34 posts

Flag Post

I agree, it does give you an advantage, However the best items should be obtained by playing the game, not just by dropping a bunch of money.

For an MMORPG
Game shop NPC < Charged irl money < Boss drops

This is so players feel, hey i can be the best without paying money. aka: I’m not being “cheated” into a money trap.
Money helps the game, but like jason says, plastering it all over the game just says i’m in this for just the money.

Also, paying for everyday items is terrible. An RF online server reduced the drops rates of everything so much that it’s impossible to break even. and you have to charge to buy potions.
Atlus online’s game Knights of the sky is full of abandoned accounts because you had to pay to refill mineral mines at one point, either that or the game stops for you.

Both are pretty much abandoned at this point.

Now ADs is a little different. what most bad advertisers seem to not realize is there’s a difference between looking and seeing.

Flag Post

Adds are fucking stupid:
First- they make you interrupt the game while you enjoying it
Second- Pretend this : you’re in the most important part of the gameplay when suddenly and add pops out
Now pretend that you’re playing an online game and without adds! no stupid commercials , no stupid alerts, most of all NO FUCKING SOUNDS !!!!

Flag Post

No sound seems like there would be zero immersion, and no alerts sounds like you wouldn’t know it if someone started attacking you or you got ingame mail >.>

Flag Post

Ads can be a decal on your car, or cute items. or just a billboard.
what’s nice about it is gives you money, so you can go and hire cooler people

Flag Post

No sound? Are you a moron?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Epsellis:

What’s nice about it is gives you money, so you can go and hire cooler people.

Well, yeah it does. But I didn’t really think the ad revenue would be that big.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jasonjie88:
Originally posted by Epsellis:

What’s nice about it is gives you money, so you can go and hire cooler people.

Well, yeah it does. But I didn’t really think the ad revenue would be that big.

Anarchy Online had FMV billboards ingame that played ads. Players tended to avoid those areas :P

At least it was a freemium game and paying players didn’t get ads.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

No sound? Are you a moron?

I meant the adds’ sounds….

Flag Post

Every time an ad starts playing sounds, i start a duck hunt. and i won’t stop until i find the damn AD
The longer it takes, the more hatred will be engraved into my brain regarding it.

At one point i will take drastic measures such as entering a convenience store, and putting other brands of toothpaste in-front of said brand that had been bothering me.

TAKE THAT YOU SHAMELESS SENSELESS ADVERTISER! I’VE BURIED YOUR TOOTHPASTE UNDER YOUR COMPETITOR’S.
SO THEY HAVE TO GO THROUGH OTHER UNRELATED STUFF FIRST BEFORE THEY CAN PICK UP YOUR STUFF!!!

Revenge is sweet.