A Nice Game Idea

34 posts

Flag Post

I’m not a programmer so don’t judge me!
So it’s 3D in the browser – up to 4 teams in the map (‘bout 40 people)
4 players are the commanders and they take control over the other players (the soldiers on the field) after the command is given the soldiers choose how to perform the order while they can duck,sprint,hide, and kill other team’s soldiers.
While gathering resources the commanders can build more buildings such as bunkers, armories , wall and even underground tunnels!Each building has his own property for example : Armories can be used to upgrade soldiers and create vehicles for the players. The point of the game is teamwork so the players can team up with friends and create their squads . Along the battlefield the players will need to climb walls hide inside buildings and go through sewer tunnels .
If that’s not enough how about that : Each one can create his own map with start points for every team and final goal point (As simple as it is!) there will be a buildings props, trees, trains almost anything!
So tell me did you like that is there more to add and if it is possible to create a game like this!
(Once again I’m not a programmer and just suggesting you people to make a game like this)

Flag Post

Making games is not easy. Unless you are prepared to pay these people up front, it’s probably not going to happen.

Flag Post

I’m double judging you.

Your idea scores 2 out of 10 points. This is one of the most common newbie game ideas around (everybody thinks of it and it gets suggested all the time), and it’s been established to actually be a pretty bad and dull idea.

Generally, first person shooters want constant action, fast movement and fair combat. RTS games however need slow action to allow for strategic thinking, and often units are left guarding the base for long periods of time, and strong unit counters (your tank shouldn’t lose to a infantry machine-gunner because he is unlucky).

It’s next to impossible to make a game that is both a good FPS and a good RTS game. One of the aspects will be boring, and the players will find real FPS and real RTS games that aren’t crappy and dull.

Lastly, game ideas are dime a dozen. There is no shortage of game ideas, and you will simply not find anybody else to program and make this game for you. Just like how you won’t find anybody to write a book based on your story idea, or find a painter to paint a picture based on your inspiration.

In the end, it’s as plain as this, if you want to make games, you need to learn how to make games. There is no way around that, no shortcuts, and nobody will do it for you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drakim:

I’m double judging you.

Your idea scores 2 out of 10 points. This is one of the most common newbie game ideas around (everybody thinks of it and it gets suggested all the time), and it’s been established to actually be a pretty bad and dull idea.

Generally, first person shooters want constant action, fast movement and fair combat. RTS games however need slow action to allow for strategic thinking, and often units are left guarding the base for long periods of time, and strong unit counters (your tank shouldn’t lose to a infantry machine-gunner because he is unlucky).

It’s next to impossible to make a game that is both a good FPS and a good RTS game. One of the aspects will be boring, and the players will find real FPS and real RTS games that aren’t crappy and dull.

Lastly, game ideas are dime a dozen. There is no shortage of game ideas, and you will simply not find anybody else to program and make this game for you. Just like how you won’t find anybody to write a book based on your story idea, or find a painter to paint a picture based on your inspiration.

In the end, it’s as plain as this, if you want to make games, you need to learn how to make games. There is no way around that, no shortcuts, and nobody will do it for you.

I understand you’re a professional game maker? And let me get this straight for you:
First it’s not a first person shooter game it’s a third person shooter game and secondly just an idea!
I’m not going to make anyone to do this for me or ever to learn how to games (Well not at this time anyway)
P.S the maps are literally huge so it’ll take time for each person to make it to the enemies allowing the commander to think
how to move the units . There will be AIs for playing as more powerful units.
And lastly, nobody’s making you to create this game for me I uploaded it to discuss with you guys

Flag Post

Jaecks, how long did it take you to come up with this idea?

Flag Post

Sounds a bit like dust

CCP have been developing that for 3 years, and it’s not finished yet. That kind of project is well over budget for the expected return on a browser-based game.

Flag Post

You sound like a twelve year old. Take a step back and explain how this concept has literally any thought put into it other than “I want one of these and one of those and lots of that”. You make it clear in the first post that you have no real idea what game you’re even describing, it’s basically just a wishlist but you’re presenting it to us like we’re supposed to be impressed.

What exactly is your goal in coming here and posting this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by GameBuilder15:

Jaecks, how long did it take you to come up with this idea?

I’ve had it in my mind for a while but not throught the details only a ‘skeleton’ of it.
And now it’s more detailed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by draganviper:

You sound like a twelve year old. Take a step back and explain how this concept has literally any thought put into it other than “I want one of these and one of those and lots of that”. You make it clear in the first post that you have no real idea what game you’re even describing, it’s basically just a wishlist but you’re presenting it to us like we’re supposed to be impressed.

What exactly is your goal in coming here and posting this?

14 to be exact and I know what I mean by that and my goal is just to hear your comments about it.
I’m thinkin of making it more of a comic and uploading it to Deviantart.com

Flag Post

Ok, here’s my comment.

If we ignore the programming side of it, The game should be focused on really young children. Because that’s probably the only age that enjoy listening to orders, They play simon says until they learn to say “FUCK YOU, SHUT THE HELL UP JACKASS”.

If you still want more mature audiences, You may want to give the commander a joke list incase they can’t come up with jokes, or maybe a playlist so they can DJ, because that’s all people actually listen to

Now you say the map is huge? Then there’s not going to be a lot of action, most of the time is going to be spent wandering around. To deal with this you should give players things to do like planting tulips, have a tea party or catch butterflies, or maybe grow a big farm of fluffy sheep. might want to call the game hide and seek.

Not to mention a 40v40 game is going to have a long wait time, you should look into ways of having people wait 5+ hours before starting a match, try not to get them to fall asleep somehow. if they do the room will be mostly made of AFKers

I would call it “Simon says: AFK wanderers of rainbow cookieland” It’s going to be great for a DA comic idea!

Flag Post

Epsellis, hilarious and sensible advice aside, I can’t believe you ever tried to claim I was harsh on the newbies. I’m laughing out loud and feeling horrible about it.

Flag Post

Oh noes, I’ve contracted the sensible meanie beanie disease from you!

While I may be slightly grumpy from not drawing enough fabulous boobs,
I’m only a kind hearted and accepting person pointing out the flaws and giving him wonderful examples for possible solutions.

Flag Post

^ Great idea, maybe he can create some sort of activity for people to do while they wait in the lobby or as they wander the fields. It would have to be interactive and entertaining, and hey the other people are sitting around with them so they might as well do it together.

Hmm… a fun, interactive, multiplayer experience in a digital online medium… that sounds like some sort of game!

There’s your solution OP, you need to make a small, fun, addictive multiplayer video game for the players to play while they wait to play your original game and also to play during the boring parts of your original game.

Flag Post

^ That’s…actually a very good mindset for making stuff!

But regarding the game, since people enjoy enjoying themselves, you might want to make those fun mini-games accessible within clicks so people don’t have to go through everything.

Also, you want to re-design the main game so that it doesn’t hog resources that could be used by the mini game.

And since it’s browser based, you might want to add a forum in there somewhere so people can discuss these fun minigames. and maybe a game design section in there somewhere too.

Flag Post

I think I see where you’re going with this idea, but it looks like a lot of work to create this entire framework from scratch: Browser-based games, forums, and certainly some way to chat since it’s multiplayer. It seems to me that the OP would be better off focusing on one aspect, say the minigame, and using ready-made technology for the chat and forum part. This approach would also allow him to tap the existing audience from that chat-and-forums site, if he can find one, rather than having to build a player base from scratch.

Flag Post

Yes, then the OP could let the various minigames submit data such as scores and achievements to the main game server, and the player could gain some experience in the main game for their accomplishments in the mini games. This would make the players not feel like they’re wasting valuable playing time on the minigames they could be spending on the main game.

Speaking of minigames, you would need a lot of new ones regularly to keep things fresh. If you could design your game to allow other people to create minigames and put them in the game, that would be very helpful in keeping things fresh and would take the burden off of you.

You’d need to pay the developers of those minigames somehow though, maybe with add revenue or some kind of in game credit system that people use real money to get…

Flag Post

Here! I’m so excited I did a draft!
http://tinypic.com/r/116l469/6

Flag Post
Originally posted by Epsellis:

Here! I’m so excited I did a draft!
http://tinypic.com/r/116l469/6

Very nice artwork as always.

What’s the title stand for in the top left though?

Flag Post

Where’s the boobs?

Flag Post

Thanks for the support guys ! I really like the ideas you’re giving . Keep ‘em coming!!!!
Maybe one day I might learn how to do games and It’ll include awesome feature you guys are suggesting!
Actually how about the cash idea here? Players will earn money(Not real) inside the game, and spend it to buy better gear for the soldier or the base while playing as the commander? Making the maps less bigger might be a good idea too,
So people will find their combat quicker. And something I came up with – Like in Ghost Recon Online : Two teams
the first is red the other blue. Like in Killzone’s multiplayer (Another example) red vs. blue…
I’m working on a soldier’s 1st concept right now stay tuned for it! PEACE!!!!

Flag Post

Go for it Jaecks.

I see nothing wrong with you giving it a try, I actually like that.

Flag Post

One word of advice though; if you actually get to the point that you can sell premium equipment, don’t plaster ads all over your game. Try and make the ads subtle, otherwise players will probably judge you. They’ll think you’re making a pay-to-win game, and nobody likes paying money to win.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jasonjie88:

One word of advice though; if you actually get to the point that you can sell premium equipment, don’t plaster ads all over your game. Try and make the ads subtle, otherwise players will probably judge you. They’ll think you’re making a pay-to-win game, and nobody likes paying money to win.

I totally agree . I hate when there’s stupid ads in your game so it’ll be add-free. And also there won’t be a pay-to-win game!
No real money involved, only game cash. And no member ship either.

Flag Post

Regarding the models, I do think LoL is doing it right.
Money gives you no actual advantage ingame, just skins people drool over.

Also Jaecks. Take a look at some game design books.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Epsellis:

Regarding the models, I do think LoL is doing it right.
Money gives you no actual advantage ingame, just skins people drool over.

Also Jaecks. Take a look at some game design books.

I love LoL, but paying money does allow you to amass things like champions and rune pages significantly faster which while not providing an advantage per say, does greatly increase adaptability especially in things such as draft mode (it’s actually a disadvantage to have lots of champions in ARAM >.>).