Gaming Website Jobs

4 posts

Flag Post

This may be in the wrong forum, but there isn’t really a forum for this. I have 2 questions.

1.Does anyone what jobs it takes to keep a gaming website like Kongregate up and running?

2.How would you go about designing a game?(I have a new passion for making games even though I am still a noob at it and i am still doing tutorials.)
http://chrismweb.com/2011/01/27/creating-an-asteroids-game-part-4-using-keyboard-controls-to-move-around-the-ship-on-screen/

Flag Post

1. Buy a web domain, get some ad-funded flash games from the FGL feed, build a website, put your own banner add at the top of the page. I think you can even buy templates for gaming websites, if you don’t want to develop one yourself. The trick is drawing in visitors and getting them to come back. Good luck competing with the 1000’s of other sites out there.

2. Learn to code games. Every time you make a game, you’ll get slightly better at designing them.

Flag Post

Also, practice writing down your ideas with very clear explanations. Doing this will not only help you remember, but also make it so others know what you’re talking about.

Flag Post

Thank you. That is really great advice! :)