Submitting a game via Kongregate

4 posts

Flag Post

Would it be possible for me to release a game built in a .jar file via Kongregate? Is there a higher authority I have to get granted permission from, or what? I’d like to release a game, built and rendered as a .jar file for people to play.

If you have any idea how I can do this, lemme’ know.

-IS

Flag Post

The Developer FAQ is pretty explicit in what file types are accepted. If you haven’t read it (which would be a very depressing fact), it would probably be wise to do so.

If you have read it and you’re asking for an exception of some kind, you might want to try explaining why they should make an exception, assuming it’s even possible for them to do so. Otherwise, your entire argument is simply, “can I, please?” :/

Flag Post

You can host a game on your site and people can play it on Kong through an IFrame. But I really don’t know much about it and whether that would help you.

Flag Post

To upload games to Kongregate, it must be .swf (flash) or Unity game files. Java or any other programming languages need to be hosted somewhere and have an IFrame for it so Kong players can play it here.