Everyone against java unite here.

43 posts

Flag Post

Everyone against java unite here.

We all know that java apps are always lagging, freezing and are buggy. And freezez caused by java are not restricted only to game window they can freeze your whole pc.

Of course java is advertised as ‘trendy’ and ‘fresh’ way of programming and as a good alternative. With slogans like that even poop could be sold.

NO FOR POOR JAVA, NO FOR POOR PROGRAMMING. Rate this game 1/5 for using java.

Flag Post

Every one that doesn’t care unite here.

We all dont care if java freezes and lags and is buggy if were having fun with it.

Ofcourse java is advertised as trendy and fresh way of having some lols and funs.With slogans like that even this dude could be nice.

No for trolls like this dude,no for haters.Rate this game 5/5 for having a hater.

Flag Post

I know an awesome idea, we delete Java, and then try to play :)

nah srsly, don’t vote the game 1/5 cuz your computer is too bad to play it…

Flag Post

Dude, from what I’ve seen of this game so far, it looks pretty cool. I’ve experienced no lag, and my computer’s not the best on the market. Yes, some java can lag, but ths hasn’t yet.

There are a couple of ways to fix the problem you’ve described:

1) Get a better computer.
2) Don’t play the game.

Flag Post

Java is far superior to flash, which is really only used to much because of how easy it is. Java was designed from the ground up to be a object oriented language, action script is just a hacked together mess that is missing quite a few capabilities, like inbuilt support for networking.

Flag Post

NO FOR POOR JAVA, NO FOR POOR PROGRAMMING.

Spoken like someone who has never programmed.

Java is far superior to flash

Not necessarily true. It all depends on what you’re looking for.

action script is just a hacked together mess

Action Script 2 was a hacked together mess. Action Script 3 is an OOP language, much like Java.

tl;dr: Programming language doesn’t matter. Don’t be lame.

Flag Post

truefire, I hate to call your integrity into question, but I wouldn’t pull the ‘experienced programmer’ card when all you have to show for it on your profile is a couple of tutorial-quality flash ‘games’. Java definitely is superior to flash, in every aspect from hardware acceleration to CPU cycle consumption. Then again, Java is a pretty terrible language as far as actual non-web programming goes. I would say the hierarchy for applet capable programming languages goes like this:

Unity > Java > AS3 >> AS2 >>> Silverlight

Anyway, Java was a fine choice for Spiral Knights, runs perfectly fine on my system. I’m sure if they would have tried to use Flash the program would be bloated to an even higher file size by all the libraries required to hack together a working 3D engine in AS3.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zayro:

truefire, I hate to call your integrity into question, but I wouldn’t pull the ‘experienced programmer’ card when all you have to show for it on your profile is a couple of tutorial-quality flash ‘games’.

I’ll vouch for truefire’s experience as well as my own experience of 3 years in Java and 3 years in AS3 and a year in AS2. Just because he doesn’t have all his projects uploaded to Kong doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Working (supa fast) 3D engines in Flash exist, thanks to FP 11, making flash competitive to Unity. Java itself is a very fast language in comparison to AS3/AS2. All three (Unity, Java, AS3) make very good choices for web based games.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UltraMagnus:

Java is far superior to flash, which is really only used to much because of how easy it is. Java was designed from the ground up to be a object oriented language, action script is just a hacked together mess that is missing quite a few capabilities, like inbuilt support for networking.

Java has a higher startup overhead than Flash (both cold and warm; though i doubt you’d know these terms) and performance roughly equal, Flash is updated for security and performance regularly, and is going to become more regular now that Adobe is moving to a more rapid release schedule (with critical vulnerabilities still being addressed ASAP). Flash has a single path: faster.
ActionScript2, i will fully agree: it’s a complete mess. however, virtually no one uses AS2 now, there are many more games being developed for kong in AS3
AcrionScript3 is fully OOP and run-time strictly typed, just like Java, with the advantage of being dynamically typed in addition to being strictly typed. networking, via AS3, is much better and more complete than in AS2, and i doubt Java could observe the same security practices Flash does and provide the supposedly superior networking.

Originally posted by Zayro:

truefire, I hate to call your integrity into question, but I wouldn’t pull the ‘experienced programmer’ card when all you have to show for it on your profile is a couple of tutorial-quality flash ‘games’. Java definitely is superior to flash, in every aspect from hardware acceleration to CPU cycle consumption. Then again, Java is a pretty terrible language as far as actual non-web programming goes. I would say the hierarchy for applet capable programming languages goes like this:

Unity > Java > AS3 >> AS2 >>> Silverlight

Anyway, Java was a fine choice for Spiral Knights, runs perfectly fine on my system. I’m sure if they would have tried to use Flash the program would be bloated to an even higher file size by all the libraries required to hack together a working 3D engine in AS3.

truefire’s a decent programmer, better than the people who commented above him.

as for CPU cycles and hardware acceleration, since the induction of 10.1 Adobe has been working to make flash faster, consume fewer CPU cycles and add hardware acceleration where applicable. with the introduction of 11, flash supports full GPU acceleration for 3D games, and if your hardware is up to par (that is, recent and not from 9 years ago or so), flash can deliver an experience of 3D in your browser equivalent to or better than the PS3 can. Flash port of unreal engine 3 and fully playable demo of an unreal tournament level
i checked around, and i didn’t see as many 3D libraries for Java, so Flash will give developers a much richer set of tools to choose from for 3D development than Java does.

basically, Flash isn’t what it was 5 years ago.
and there’s no reason Java shouldn’t be supported

Flag Post

skyboy, it’s clear you don’t know what you are talking about. There are a lot MMOs made with Java, and I haven’t seen any based on Flash. This shows something.
It’s possible to use OpenGL through Java, providing hardware acceleration, while Flash uses pure CPU rendering as far as I seen so far.
You need proof? Sure. Think, how often Flash-based game lags for you? Something like Epic War? All the time? Obvious. Now try Minecraft, Runescape, Spiral Knights, etc; they’re all 3D and have completely no lag. Java is and always been better than Flash.

Flag Post

Java, if you don’t stop giving me pop-up update windows, I’m going to stab you in the face with a pencil. Consider yourself warned.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ripiz:

Think, how often Flash-based game lags for you? Something like Epic War? All the time? Obvious. Now try Minecraft, Runescape, Spiral Knights, etc; they’re all 3D and have completely no lag. Java is and always been better than Flash.

I don’t think thats a good measure of which is superior in general, but i never lag playing any flash game on high, certainly not EW. Minecraft does lag on my pc though it is very minimal and not constant, and might just be because I run a server with a handfull of people connected offa my PC at the same time. I havent actually played spiral knights so i dont know if it lags, though it probably doesn’t. i just wanted to see if its actually played on kong unlike BGO which just gives you a link to their site. I noticed this thread and felt compelled to throw in my likely unwanted 2 cents lol.

Flag Post

I fully agree with Skyboy, both Java and Flash have their faults and Tremendous strong points. The thing is: Three rings/Sega CHOSE to make their game in java, Why? go ask them. They made it. So why do you have to rip on Java? or Flash? because their inferior? Lame excuse.

Wombat, All i can do is lol at you, Adobe gives quite a bit of updates too, silly! :3

Ripiz, really, the only thing that causes you to lagtastic out of a game is: your PC has problems, Server lag, Client lag, Bad internet connection, and slow internet speed… So it depends on Which of those affects a particular person – some pc’s cant play nicer, shinier games….

Flag Post

Runescape is java game too and it rocks! Sometimes it really crashes, but I dont mind when it crashes about 2 times a day. So I should scream: NO FOR POOR JAVA and dont play it? No thanks.

Some people just dont sleep much, you must understand them, when they work all day and play all night, life gets dull. These kind of ppl says: “This game sucks!” “I hate that, I hate that, I hate everything!”. Sad really.

Flag Post

As i know, java freezes, lags and very unstable IF AND ONLY IF coder is an idiot. Also, check some coder jobs: a mid-level java coder earns MUCH MORE than a genial PHP or AS2/3 coder. proofs:

Flag Post

SoupKnight, Minecraft lags when it loading/generating chunks. There are few mods which keeps chunks in memory for longer amount of time, it completely eliminates the lag.
For me Epic War and a whole lot of other games lag, even with low quality, while Runescape and Spiral Knights have no lag.

Personally I believe browser games have no future. Real games which are made with C++ or C# are way better.

Flag Post

Zuurix, runescape sucks. You need to get a life and stop making fun of those who have to work for a living.

Flag Post

Alchemon, you’re the most inteligent person I’ve ever met on kong… Srsly guise, if you keep ragging on java, then go rag on xbox, the thing that all of you love the most.

Flag Post

Ripids, my sincere apologies but, EpicWar dosnt lag with me at all, minecraft does lag like a bitch, even after the chunk generation, rune escape is far slow paced game, so it doesnt even have the chance to lag, and the only problem i had with spiral knights was my net connection, the lag in SK isnt the java nor your pc problem people, actualy its the net connection, even the admin sayd it, i myself have one small delay in game, the admins are right now implementing the net connections in the game to fix the shit, its not java’s fault.I looked in one forum of the game about it and the admin of the game admited the problem, just so you all know what im speaking about.

Flag Post

fuc* you java is great for 3d and has the best grafics rate 5/5 for java and dont listen this noob.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ripiz:

skyboy, it’s clear you don’t know what you are talking about. There are a lot MMOs made with Java, and I haven’t seen any based on Flash. This shows something.
It’s possible to use OpenGL through Java, providing hardware acceleration, while Flash uses pure CPU rendering as far as I seen so far.
You need proof? Sure. Think, how often Flash-based game lags for you? Something like Epic War? All the time? Obvious. Now try Minecraft, Runescape, Spiral Knights, etc; they’re all 3D and have completely no lag. Java is and always been better than Flash.

obviously you don’t read closely. Flash Player 11 was released this month. Flash Player 11 supports full integration with hardware graphics cards and chips using DirectX on windows and OpenGL on mac/linux and a variant of OpenGL on mobile. Flash Player 11 is capable of delivering PS3 quality games as 60 FPS. the release is so big, multiple large 3D engines for large commercial games were ported by their respective companies to ActionScript 3.

i searched on google, and saw no big companies porting their engines to Java; they stuck with native languages, until FP11 when ports to AS3 were made.

Sega made this game in Java because when it was made, flash wasn’t viable. probably still stuck at AS2, however since flash became a viable platform for 3D less than 3 weeks ago, we may see this ported; and will see other 3D ports with up to and over PS3 quality of various games showing up now. but it will take time for them to be made

Unity3D was essentially too little too late to gain traction, despite kong’s support. they know that, and the Unity3D editor will support exporting to SWF just for FP11 to remain in the market; and with that editor available for 3D flash games and engines like unreal engine and cryengine porting over, chances are Flash will overtake Java and Unity in the 3D area on kong; with the other flash portals serving them up as usual. the trend will likely continue all over the internet in the next few years as well, because flash has a virtual 100% (>95%) penetration rate for computers on the internet. Java has more like 60% or 70%

believe web games have no future, but don’t forget that the flash niche in particular rakes in millions of dollars per year from advertising and more from sales of in-game items. the funds an individual company or developer gets is very low, but the market itself is growing rather rapidly; thanks in part to flash portals like kong in addition to facebook and other social networking sites.

Flag Post

Death to false programming! All languages on a higher level than C are for posers only! *scnr

As someone who’s focussed on smallscale high-performance applications like necessary in cryptography, I don’t see the big deal with java and flash. They’re both horrible. ;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by rainbownyan:

Dude, from what I’ve seen of this game so far, it looks pretty cool. I’ve experienced no lag, and my computer’s not the best on the market. Yes, some java can lag, but ths hasn’t yet.

There are a couple of ways to fix the problem you’ve described:

1) Get a better computer.
2) Don’t play the game.

Actually…. Solved.

Flag Post

I will be my own judge to this game. I will either A) Like the game B) Hate the game and follow you or C) Think this game is meh and just leave.

Flag Post

Who is Everyone?