Switching to Steam?

11 posts

Flag Post

Is there anyway to get your Kongregate Spiral Knights Account onto Steam?

Or is it one or the other?

Flag Post

Nope.

Flag Post

Ok, thanks.

Flag Post

I’m quite sure that there is, actually. Go here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1948293

Flag Post

And what is the account name? I’ve tried putting my Kongregate info (Name: Jtnb2000; Pass: ********* xP) and it always says: “no such user!”
I understand that you can play Spiral Knights on Steam, but as far as I can see, your account is already linked to another enterprise: Kongregate, therefore you can’t link it to Steam =/

Flag Post

Idiots _
What is mentioned in that link is for people who play from this; http://www.spiralknights.com/

There is currently no way to transfer Kong SK accounts to steam. Though i am in intellectual possession of what our logins look like that connect to the SK server; Kong######

Flag Post

yes you can simply sync your kongregate account to facebook and when you login to steam put log in with facebook and it will ask you if your want to transfer your spiral knights account to steam, but think about it though once you transfer it it cannot be transferred back as far as i know…..

Flag Post

Steam is so much better and all you guys that started on Kong are stuck, enjoy!

Flag Post

Entername, That dosent help a lot..

Flag Post

The kongregate accounts can be used from any launcher if you follow a simple method. Some time ago a player posted how to do this, but for those who do not care to look you need to make a .txt file called Extra.txt

You need to type this into the file and save it into your spiral folder or steam folder or in the contents folder in the case of the standalone launcher.

-Dkongregate=true
-DkongregateName=xxxxxxxx
-DkongregateID=xxxxxxx
-DkongregateAuthToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You will need to use something to inspect the kongregate shell for spiral knights to find your id and authentication token. The token is found usually right after your ID. You will have to have the play now window up inside the shell so it that your account data will be shown.

Flag Post

I don’t suggest the full transfer only use this to play from a different launcher so that your kongregate account doesn’t get all screwed up. And lets face it steam is pretty bad. Your best bet for playing this game would be to use this method and add it to the standalone version of the game. You would still use the better payment method on kongregate while playing the game without having the browser up. On top of that lag is so much less with this method and the download is so much faster using the standalone than steam.