What does this mean for me? You will always be able to play your favorite games on Kongregate. However, certain site features may suddenly stop working and leave you with a severely degraded experience.
What should I do? We strongly urge all our users to upgrade to modern browsers for a better experience and improved security.
We suggest you install the latest version of one of these browsers:
Kongregate is a community-driven browser games portal with an open platform for all web games.
Get your games in front of thousands of users while monetizing through ads and virtual goods.
Learn more »
**Important note:** This method only works if you already have the game saved on your PC, if it’s your first time playing the game you’ll need to download the game the normal way once.
So I know everyone on Kongregate have been experiencing slow download speeds. Here is a guide to avoid the long update times:
1. Create a new shortcut.
2. Right click on the shortcut and choose Properties.
3. In the “Target:” line add change the existing text to: “C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe” -jar getdown-pro.jar .
4. In the “Start in:” line change the existing text to:
On **Windows 7** : C:\Users\**(Your Username)**\AppData\LocalLow\spiral
On **Windows XP** : C:\Documents and Settings\**(Your Username)**\Application Data\spiral
4.1 In the **(Your Username)** space you should fill the username you use to log into your computer, that will be the name of that folder.
5. When there is a new update run that shortcut and let it update the game.
6. It will open a new game afterwards, but if you wish to log in via your Kongregate account you still need to do it throught the Kongregate page. The game should already be updated at this point.
**Alternate method** : Launch the game from [here](http://www.spiralknights.com/play.xhtml) and once you exit it will suggest to create a shortcut on your desktop. (It’s much easier, but can’t be done when there’s already an update because you’ll need to update the game before it lets you launch it)
Ok, so my problem was that when i clicked play nothing popped up, no loader or missing plug-in warning or anything, I had java updated and everything. what fixed it for me was completely uninstalling java and then re-installing it at the spiral knights page on kong. [http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp](http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp) link is a guide for windows users to uninstall java.