Slow updating solution guide

7 posts

Flag Post

Important note: This method only works if you already have the game saved on your PC, if it’s your first time playing the game you’ll need to download the game the normal way once.

So I know everyone on Kongregate have been experiencing slow download speeds. Here is a guide to avoid the long update times:

1. Create a new shortcut.

2. Right click on the shortcut and choose Properties.

3. In the “Target:” line add change the existing text to: “C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe” -jar getdown-pro.jar .

4. In the “Start in:” line change the existing text to:
On Windows 7: C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\LocalLow\spiral
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Username)\Application Data\spiral
4.1 In the (Your Username) space you should fill the username you use to log into your computer, that will be the name of that folder.

5. When there is a new update run that shortcut and let it update the game.

6. It will open a new game afterwards, but if you wish to log in via your Kongregate account you still need to do it throught the Kongregate page. The game should already be updated at this point.

Alternate method: Launch the game from here and once you exit it will suggest to create a shortcut on your desktop. (It’s much easier, but can’t be done when there’s already an update because you’ll need to update the game before it lets you launch it)

Flag Post

sounds simple enough, I’ll try that … as soon as they make another patch or update :3

Flag Post

the next update is GH :3

Flag Post

Ok, so my problem was that when i clicked play nothing popped up, no loader or missing plug-in warning or anything, I had java updated and everything. what fixed it for me was completely uninstalling java and then re-installing it at the spiral knights page on kong. http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp link is a guide for windows users to uninstall java.

Flag Post

Well it should work for most people this way.

Flag Post

can you do a guide for windows 7 users? because it’s different of windows XP

Flag Post

It has explantation for windows 7, I’ll edit so it’ll be more clear.