Important note: This method only works if you already have the game saved on your PC, if it’s your first time playing the game you’ll need to download the game the normal way once.
So I know everyone on Kongregate have been experiencing slow download speeds. Here is a guide to avoid the long update times:
1. Create a new shortcut.
2. Right click on the shortcut and choose Properties.
3. In the “Target:” line add change the existing text to: “C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe” -jar getdown-pro.jar .
4. In the “Start in:” line change the existing text to:
On Windows 7: C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\LocalLow\spiral
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Username)\Application Data\spiral
4.1 In the (Your Username) space you should fill the username you use to log into your computer, that will be the name of that folder.
5. When there is a new update run that shortcut and let it update the game.
6. It will open a new game afterwards, but if you wish to log in via your Kongregate account you still need to do it throught the Kongregate page. The game should already be updated at this point.
Alternate method: Launch the game from here and once you exit it will suggest to create a shortcut on your desktop. (It’s much easier, but can’t be done when there’s already an update because you’ll need to update the game before it lets you launch it)