LD Pros (Look 1st Page For Information) Always Adding more Tips XD

43 posts

Flag Post

I’m a pro LD player. I came here to make this thread to discuss how we pros play.

Flag Post

gimme your IGN
See if I have met you in LD :D

Flag Post

My name is just GoliathAA in the game.

Flag Post

haven’t seen u..
how pro are u?
do you do T2/T3?

Flag Post

ive played a few LD games, im decent at it ^^

Flag Post

u guys are so modest

Flag Post

serioussimon!? youre a legend man!

i saw you in LD the other day, 30k? nice XD
i love you

Flag Post

Ernest I play a lot, unless i’m from a different time zone than you. I usually do 5k and above in T2 LD. Almost all the pros in my time zone knows me. I hope i answered your question.

Flag Post

seriously
time zone problems :(

Flag Post

What is your account name in Spiral Knights, i would love to know.

Flag Post

Vivid-Gluttony
You probably won’t know meh, Im just another average player xD

Flag Post

I do…
I am more than average :D

Flag Post

All i see is a bunch of people saying that they’re pro, but not giving tips on how to play. nubs like me look for tips not people bragging! :O

Flag Post

My tips are valuable so use them wisely.
If you a noob, you should understand this. If your a pro, don’t bother this.
-Don’t fight hammers unless you have one
-Don’t fight toothpicks unless you have one

-Piercing and elemental protection are far more important than Normal
-Get Shock Proof Armor
-Don’t return fire(guns) back to people who spam pulsar
-Shield Canceling is the most important skill in the game.
-Troika lines and Brandish Lines are very powerful.
-T1 and T3 Lockdown are bad. Play T2 Lockdown
-Use AT at all costs, I did several tests myself.
-Spamming is essential to your survival if you cannot, I repeat cannot defeat a superior foe.
-Learn from pros, who doesn’t spam all the time
-Capturing POCs(Points of Control) or Bases is far more important than getting more damage
-Use charge attack if you have a good weapon like the brandish, troika, or hammer. But beware of being backstabbed.

Striker-
-Conserve your energy, you will die without it.
-Never fight in Lockdown without trinkets. You need them to survive.
-Always have a sidearm like the pulsar.
-Heavy swords are suggested over fast swords
-Use fast swords if they have elemental or Piercing damage.

Recon-
-Bombing is higly suggested
-Capturing is 2nd, helping is 1st
-Use a fast sword is you want to be a recon.
-Shoot back if someone is gunning, while your bombing.
-Run if your getting swarmed.
-Don’t use splinter bombs, useless in Lockdown.
-Blast Bomb series can really wreck your opponent.

Guardian-
-Probably the worst of the 3 unique class
-Always have heavy and a fast sword as your loadout
-Take damage and then Shield helps you live longer
-Fight back when your opponent makes or right before he makes his first strike
-Defend a vital position, for a period time. Use toothpicks as your primary weapon and slow swords as your second
-Never, I mean never take off your shield
-Taunting your attacker is better than going after your attacker
-Take a pulsar and spam, with extra hp from being a guardian and having a shield is better than spamming a pulsar as a striker

My comment from below:
There are different situations in the game, if you spam pulsar as recon, you can’t run hide or do anything once they spot you.
As guardian, I mean when you are on a base or POC, you always shield. Taking damage while running,, then shield for when heavy weapons hit like SS or WRH.
I knew I have mistakes and complains about my tactics, but usually I get 5K damage or more out of them.

Recon is the best class by far.
You can cloak, but people don’t know how to use it effectively.
There is a method, that is called shield cancel that can be used.

Use a fast sword, I prefer caliber or toothpick.
(Attack)→(Shield for 1 Sec.)→(Attack)→(Shield for 1 sec.)→ Repeat Process until your energy is a third way through.

Guns are probably almost useless as a recon, first off. Recon has slow speed equivalent as a guardian.
When invisible, it is almost as slow a guardian shield.
So if you shoot and a striker charges upon you. There is a 75% chance they will find you while you cloak.
Even with the attack Speed boost, its not worth it as a Recon.

Auto Aim is actually very good in most cases. Without them, toothpicks, hammer, arc razor, caliber and combo swords will be almost useless. A toothpick needs an auto target in other to hit properly without misses. Hammers can’t use combos effectively without it, this makes SS and troika lines faster than hammers. Caliber can’t hit a someone using combo, due to its moderate speed without AT.

Flag Post

Probably gonna add more tips very soon. I hope your happy with my tips.

Flag Post

Well the only 2 tips I have:
1. Go to youtube, check out some videos of the pros (just type Spiral Knights Lockdown will do). Imitate what they do, and when you think you are good enough, have your own style :D
2. Practice and practice. No tips will make you good unless you practice 10 games a day for a period 1 month. After 300~500 games you should be good :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by GoliathAA:

My tips are valuable so use them wisely.
-Don’t fight hammers unless you have one
-Don’t fight toothpicks unless you have one
-Piercing and elemental protection are far more important than Normal
-Get Shock Proof Armor
-Don’t return fire(guns) back to people who spam pulsar
-Shield Canceling is the most important skill in the game.
-Troika lines and Brandish Lines are very powerful.
-T1 and T3 Lockdown are bad. Play T2 Lockdown
-Use AT at all costs, I did several tests myself.
-Spamming is essential to your survival if you cannot, I repeat cannot defeat a superior foe.
-Learn from pros, who doesn’t spam all the time
-Capturing POCs(Points of Control) or Bases is far more important than getting more damage
-Use charge attack if you have a good weapon like the brandish, troika, or hammer. But beware of being backstabbed.

Striker-
-Conserve your energy, you will die without it.
-Never fight in Lockdown without trinkets. You need them to survive.
-Always have a sidearm like the pulsar.
-Heavy swords are suggested over fast swords
-Use fast swords if they have elemental or Piercing damage.

Recon-
-Bombing is higly suggested
-Capturing is 2nd, helping is 1st
-Use a fast sword is you want to be a recon.
-Shoot back if someone is gunning, while your bombing.
-Run if your getting swarmed.
-Don’t use splinter bombs, useless in Lockdown.
-Blast Bomb series can really wreck your opponent.

Guardian-
-Probably the worst of the 3 unique class
-Always have heavy and a fast sword as your loadout
-Take damage and then Shield helps you live longer
-Fight back when your opponent makes or right before he makes his first strike
-Defend a vital position, for a period time. Use toothpicks as your primary weapon and slow swords as your second
-Never, I mean never take off your shield
-Taunting your attacker is better than going after your attacker
-Take a pulsar and spam, with extra hp from being a guardian and having a shield is better than spamming a pulsar as a striker

I find may problems with this "tips". Recon is by far the most under powered class, not guard. -Also "AT at all cost" that goes to show that people don't know how to aim for themselves. -AT was made for people who don't have mouses and is limited on aiming. Stiker- 1. i do not believe Pulsar is a great "side-arm", first of all the bullets are slow, you'll be better off with a alchemer(volt if you like shock) or a Master blaster for the high bullet speed and small stun ability to stop travel on duskers coming your way. Recon- 2. how can you suggest bombing, they get killed most often in T2, thats why No one really uses them.If your going to recon best bet is with dual alchmers with a cyclops hat. Guard- 3. If you going to spam pulsar *USE RECON* Guard gives gun atk speed Low, recon has Gun atk speed med. 4.To contradicting statements [-Take damage and then Shield helps you live longer] and[-Never, I mean never take off your shield]

Flag Post

“-Don’t fight hammers unless you have one
-Don’t fight toothpicks unless you have one”

what???? XD

Flag Post

There are different situations in the game, if you spam pulsar as recon, you can’t run hide or do anything once they spot you.
As guardian, I mean when you are on a base or POC, you always shield. Taking damage while running,, then shield for when heavy weapons hit like SS or WRH.
I knew I have mistakes and complains about my tactics, but usually I get 5K damage or more out of them.

(Attack)→(Shield for 1 Sec.)→(Attack)→(Shield for 1 sec.)→ Repeat Process until your energy is a third way through.

Guns are probably almost useless as a recon, first off. Recon has slow speed equivalent as a guardian.
So if you shoot and a striker charges upon you. There is a 75% chance they will find you while you cloak.

Auto Aim is actually very good in most cases. Without them, toothpicks, hammer, arc razor, caliber and combo swords will be almost useless. A toothpick needs an auto target in other to hit properly without misses. Hammers can’t use combos effectively without it, this makes SS and troika lines faster than hammers. Caliber can’t hit a someone using combo, due to its moderate speed without AT.

I’m gonna add this to my Tips,

Flag Post
Originally posted by MugiwaraSwifty:

“-Don’t fight hammers unless you have one
-Don’t fight toothpicks unless you have one”

what???? XD

If you a noob, you should understand this. If your a pro, don’t bother this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by GoliathAA:

I’m gonna add this to my Tips,

With proper aiming and timing you can do all the combos and hit them(without AT).Recons once your cloak breaks your dead. A gunner recon can go close range and still kill a dusker if you know how to gun.

Flag Post

I’m a good gunner, and and so far striker is the best class for gunning. i hope that sums it for you Pie.

Flag Post

Yeah I watched Pie play just now
He is epic. nearly 9k as gunner in T2

Flag Post

What gun did he use? I could some of my own tips too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ernest1998:

Yeah I watched Pie play just now
He is epic. nearly 9k as gunner in T2

o-o when did you watch me, my max i did with guns that day was 6.8k with 4 caps and 10 defeneds, you might have been watching a different pie. (my IGN is the same as my name) My top max in T2 with guns is 10k thats about it(dual alchemers).