Plate or owlite?

19 posts

Flag Post

i can’t decide on which is better

Flag Post

wolver
it makes ur attack go up alot

Flag Post

I’d pick owlite, it’s important later on like in Firestorm Citadel, and plate doesn’t protect against anything besides normal (and it has no status resistances), which usually you’ll only be taking from mecha knights and trojans. Wolver wasn’t part of the question either :P

Flag Post

I would say plate. Volcanic plate is actually very useful in FSC. And it is much cooler, the graphics. You should really consider this.

Flag Post

Plate? Owlite? erm… both, I’ve made both cus’ they were appealing , you should get owlite 1st tho ;3, lotsa elemental stuff in the clockworks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by h3rry:

Plate? Owlite? erm… both, I’ve made both cus’ they were appealing , you should get owlite 1st tho ;3, lotsa elemental stuff in the clockworks.

This. From plate, you either have a choice of a Normal, or Normal/Piercing shield. In the end-game, you won’t encounter many tough enemies that deal piercing damage, but there will be plenty that deal elemental damage (Take Vanaduke, for example) I’d get both shields if you can, but go for Owlite first.

Flag Post

Owlite first and forget plate i say get skolver instead it offers the same protection + the dmg bonus ;D

Flag Post

Responding to the irrelevant “wolver shield”
1. There is no such thing as a wolver shield, it’s the Bristling Buckler alchemy line.
2. All low increase variants increase said value by 7% per level (low, medium, high, very high, “ultra”, maximum)

Go for your own preference of specialized damage shield to normal damage shield because it doesn’t matter that much.

There is quite a difference between using a shadow shield or piercing shield in elemental stratums, but people bring Barbarous Thorn Shield or Swiftstrike Buckler regardless of level due to medium increased Sword Damage and ASI (attack speed increase) high respectively.

Flag Post

i don`t mind however they had to kill snarbloax to get 10 fangs for bristling buckler rapier or bomb

Flag Post

The Volcanic plate shield is actually rather amazing, I own one without any uvs and can take two direct overhead smashes from Vana and still won’t break.

Flag Post

the grey owlite shield can do the same……

Flag Post

^ yes, the grey owlite shield can do the same. No need volcanic plate shield.

Flag Post

plus the grey owlite shield gives shock resist too

Flag Post

“plate or owlite” I’d pick “or” :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by V3rn:

“plate or owlite” I’d pick “or” :D

Was that supposed to be funny o.O?

Flag Post

go for owlite cause higher tier dephts tend to have elemental damage

Flag Post
Originally posted by paulnicolas:

go for owlite cause higher tier dephts tend to have elemental damage

Yeah and plate can then only come in handy if ur fighting fire wolvers or something

Flag Post

I have the Volcanic plate shield and its not the greatest shield but my friend has a grey owlite

Flag Post

Owlite is the most common, so i guess its the best to start with.