A Final and Permanent Thread for LD

38 posts

Flag Post

Hello, first off my name is GoliathAA. I’m both in game and play Lock-Down too. My current guild is Impact. I’m Guild Master there, so I know what I’m doing here.

First, off Lockdown is a mini-game of Spiral Knights. It is basically a PvP network instead of PvE. It is highly competitive and is highly suggested that you have good internet or graphics. You will be fighting against people from all kinds of methods, tactics, team work, and simply spamming.

Before I start posting some real Info and Tips for Spiral Knights, there is a few rules.
-Don’t Complain or put Random comments unless its necessary.
-If you object, please say in a kindly manner, or else you will be excused from this forum.
-Be nice to other people’s comments, guild, or personal status.
-This is not a place to talk about statistics unless you want to prove your point.
-Good Luck! Have Fun!

Flag Post

My role in creating this thread, is to make it permanent. In the past I have tried 6 times, I’ve failed all 6 and hope that this will stay permanent forever. So please, respect this thread and reply constantly, so it can be active.

News:
I’m back again today on 2/15/13 and will continue trying so. XD

Flag Post

The Basics of LD.

So your playing one day in a Jelly King run or something else, most likely PvE. Out of curiosity you notice the coliseum and wonder. “hmm, what’s that, should I try it?” And unfortunately you clicked on it. At this point, you are a LD fan whether you know or not. Most people will click the button of regular PvP. Then after waiting for a few minutes or even seconds. Your screen pops into darkness. All of a sudden your in an arena, but you haven’t started yet.

This is where the battle starts. In front of you there should be 2 friendly devilties who will give you some small info. But nothing important as of now. On the top left corner these is a supply depot. There isn’t much use there either. After you say your “hellos and your usual greetings” you will walk around looking at your surroundings. You will usually here chatter about some random stuff. Such as slight cussing, yelling, ADs, guild recruitment, and etc. After checking out the area, you might wonder whats going to happen next. All of a sudden a timer comes on, its starts on 20. But in the middle you’ll see King Krogmo

Flag Post

For the Advanced and More
-Look at pato’s comment below

So there are a lot of items you can carry once you are in lockdown.

Flag Post

Newbs and Noobies.

So this is probably your first time playing Lock-Down I suspect. I know that you are most likely killed as soon as you started. After being hit like once from a Stable Rocket Hammer. You’ve probably been blowing to pieces.

Current Status-A Noob
Damage: 100-2000

Flag Post

Getting used to it.

So far, you have made it, but not so far

Current Status: Noob Spammer
Damage:500-3000

Flag Post

Finally, I’m average.

Yes, you are a average, but that doesn’t make you any different if you don’t start learning some skills. Such as double switching,skilled spamming, shield canceling, and etc.

Current Status: Average Spammer
Damage: 1000-4000

Flag Post

Am I a pro, or simply a Spammer.

The difference is technically mild, actually not even much if you think about it. A pro may include using toothpick or good Grintovec combo at the right time. on the other hand you can get SS, and spam in hopes of the enemy within your range. A true spammer in my opinion is in the getting used to it section. Yes! I know what you are thinking, you might be like, “uhh they guy who spammed his brandy got 4K in T2 LD. Thats Bullshit!!!.” In my opinion this common but okay behavior. Real spammers deal about 3K max, unless he does actually collateral damage. Pros and so called skilled “Spammers” are different from an average noob.

Current Status:Skilled Spammers
-SS
Damage: 2K-5.5K(Someone reached 7K in T2)
-Brandish
Damage: 1.750K-4K(Really annoying, consider it a good combo weapon)
-Toothpick
Damage: 1K-7K(A good example would be Recotah, got 9K spamming SF)

Flag Post

Pro at last, whats next?

Flag Post

Your a Mega-Pro, but is it true?

For one for sure, a mega pro never dies in a game. Whether your in a tough GvG or a relaxing PvP. You are still fighting and yes, most mega pros do get killed all the time.
The true meaning of mega pro is:
Never Die
Rarely gets hit
Almost never complain about spamming
and lastly
Really Skilled(Doesn’t mean 10K dmg in T2 or 5K in T1, its all on skill.)

Flag Post

Methods and Combos.

Before we get into weapon combos and all that non sense. Lets start with the game mechanics and glitches.

Double switching, most likely the hardest to master in the entire game. It takes averagely a week for your fingers to master it.Then a whole months or less to use in PvP and PvE combat.

Combo:
[hit once]-[Switch]-[Shield]-[hit once]-[Switch]-[Shield]+Repeat Process

Weapons:
I only lists good and effective combos, and common to uncommon ones.
This is also a T2 thread since it is the most popular, plus balanced of all the tiers.

2 slots:
SF/TSB or SF/Stataus Flourish
A nice double switching combo, it is used by highly skilled toothpick players.

Flag Post

Teamwork and Cooperation.

3 prong or 5 prong base cap.
-You basically cap and disperse across the map, until a major battle scene begins. Thus, allowing more caps than most tactics.

Surround
-As its name says, your team will send out 2 or more good players. At first they do some crowd control after dealing enough damage, they will retreat allowing the fresh new squad in, who were capping. Eventually the crowd control will overcome the majority and you will have control of their main base. This is the easy part, simply put your enemies at bay.

Spearhead
-This strategy is very complicated, but also highly effective. It starts with a 3 or 5 prong caps, then engage together. Afterward you will seperate into 2 groups, both consists at least 1 support player. The first group kill the other teams capturers, and the other simply retaken the caps and return to the main enemy base cap. Which then do a full surround.

Flag Post

Secrets and Credits.
Secret #1
Never ever follow an enemy behind his back. Always chase him on his left or right. You may never know he will counter attack.

Credits:
Pato900

Flag Post

-The best way to keep in the LD alive is hitting with fast swords here is an example

Start with Recon, Bring, A glacius with CTR high or more, a GF with ASI med and if you want a Simple Polaris
Charge glacius and get some1 to attack, if you fail go in recon, and while the Guy is running or trying to find you Go around him and FASTLY hit him then, get into recon and continue doing it : )

-Guardian Advanced play

Bring, A GF, or a DA with ASI High and bring a Stagger Storm and a Voltaic Tempest, then bring a Hammer OR a Polaris as you want
Then be spamming the bombs in a base so when some1 gets near you he starts spamming you so you take the Hammer or the Polaris and you countfire him or charge him, if not you can evade and continue bombing. If someone gets very near you USE ONE HIT of the GF.

-Striker loadout and fight methods

Bring, GF, BTB With ASI High and then a Polaris and a Voltaic.
Fighting recons Spam Polaris around you and when you hit him rush him with a GF Hit and then FAST Change to BTB and again until he is killed

-Fighting Guardians & Bombers

For Sword Guardians GO AROUND THEM and Be spamming FAST BTB Hits. IF YOU ARE IN LESS THAN 5 BARS Polaris him and combo spam GF to him. If he is not die he will be cancelled and you can go back while he miss a hit, and you Spam combo again.

Bombers: Polaris Spam and when he is Loading a bomb FASTLY!!! Get him with BTB and attack him to cancel, if you Miss run for your life.
If he gets a sword do what is Up ^^

Striker vs Striker
BTB him or Double swap like BTB→ GF→ BTB→ GF

Hope you learn Heh

Flag Post

Its always you who replies to my topic, but never less thank you. I’m going to post you in my credits section and use some of your info.

Flag Post

LD isn’t a minigame. What’s with the giant string of posts w/o any content? Also, being a GM doesn’t make you good at this game, I can spend…whatever it is since the GH update, and get a “Title”. Rep speaks for itself, don’t show up and expect people to respect your advice. What I’m seeing here is essentially you guys preaching a specific method of LD’ing that has been found to be OP. I’d discourage you from directing newbs toward this one method, it cuts down on diversity.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pato900:

-The best way to keep in the LD alive is hitting with fast swords here is an example

Start with Recon, Bring, A glacius with CTR high or more, a GF with ASI med and if you want a Simple Polaris
Charge glacius and get some1 to attack, if you fail go in recon, and while the Guy is running or trying to find you Go around him and FASTLY hit him then, get into recon and continue doing it : )

-Guardian Advanced play

Bring, A GF, or a DA with ASI High and bring a Stagger Storm and a Voltaic Tempest, then bring a Hammer OR a Polaris as you want
Then be spamming the bombs in a base so when some1 gets near you he starts spamming you so you take the Hammer or the Polaris and you countfire him or charge him, if not you can evade and continue bombing. If someone gets very near you USE ONE HIT of the GF.

-Striker loadout and fight methods

Bring, GF, BTB With ASI High and then a Polaris and a Voltaic.
Fighting recons Spam Polaris around you and when you hit him rush him with a GF Hit and then FAST Change to BTB and again until he is killed

-Fighting Guardians & Bombers

For Sword Guardians GO AROUND THEM and Be spamming FAST BTB Hits. IF YOU ARE IN LESS THAN 5 BARS Polaris him and combo spam GF to him. If he is not die he will be cancelled and you can go back while he miss a hit, and you Spam combo again.

Bombers: Polaris Spam and when he is Loading a bomb FASTLY!!! Get him with BTB and attack him to cancel, if you Miss run for your life.
If he gets a sword do what is Up ^^

Striker vs Striker
BTB him or Double swap like BTB→ GF→ BTB→ GF

Hope you learn Heh

So, your saying that i need to have pretty much everything asi high-vh or im dead? >.> Look those methods are crap, I use mostly GF, DA, Polaris, and some times BTB nothing has any asi/ctr and some times i get over 15k damage, My average damage (with nothing asi/ctr) is anywhere between 5k and 10k. So, I think most of your methods are no good. By the way you forgot a method to kill gunners with swords. :P

Flag Post

Take a Look at the advanced. Means that is for ADVANCED PLAYERS WITH ASI,s or CTRs

Flag Post

- Getting Used to it
-Finally i am an average
and – I a pro or a simply spammer?

When You start playing LD your damage is not very good, you mostly cant get over 7k but, when you take some time playing it, like 1 week or 2, you can play better with all what you learnt and your damage can be over (sometimes 10k) . Later when you spend (4 or 5) weeks playing it, you start understanding the game and your damage raise to 15k Average. Thats what is considered an average person is, 15K in LD average damage and time learning movements and fighting
Some “Players” like Rebel-Ex play over 50 matchs a day and from 1 month of 5k damage gets to a killing machine of 1vs1…

Spamming-

Mostly people think to be pros, but they may not, Polaris weapon is a very crazy and troll weapon, for example, Lost bullets can Make people confuse and shock themself. Pros are people that Dont spam, that use well they weapons.

Thanks All : )

Flag Post
Originally posted by pato900:

- Getting Used to it
-Finally i am an average
and – I a pro or a simply spammer?

When You start playing LD your damage is not very good, you mostly cant get over 7k but, when you take some time playing it, like 1 week or 2, you can play better with all what you learnt and your damage can be over (sometimes 10k) . Later when you spend (4 or 5) weeks playing it, you start understanding the game and your damage raise to 15k Average. Thats what is considered an average person is, 15K in LD average damage and time learning movements and fighting
Some “Players” like Rebel-Ex play over 50 matchs a day and from 1 month of 5k damage gets to a killing machine of 1vs1…

Spamming-

Mostly people think to be pros, but they may not, Polaris weapon is a very crazy and troll weapon, for example, Lost bullets can Make people confuse and shock themself. Pros are people that Dont spam, that use well they weapons.

Thanks All : )

umm is this t3 because in t2 im not getting 10k average o-o

Flag Post

ASI’s and better gear do not make you a better player.

Flag Post

Its T3 yes and It doesnt make you a better player, it just help u making swings fasters.

Flag Post

I’m a pro in T2, I can easily get 10K if my loadout didn’t suck so bad.(unheated too) Our guild is recruiting good players too. As long as they are in T2 at least, 3 caps 2 defends, and 4000dmg.

Flag Post

my T2 gunner alt
lol he does that

Flag Post

All I can really say is – Beware the flourish- bearing knights. There is something about that weapon that is unusually powerful in lockdown. Though it may be an aspect of all pure-damage swords, as I’ve found my damage output in tier 2 to be rather high with stable rocket hammer. But the flourish line is absolutely devastating.