Comments for Minesweeper Explosion

avatar for Cyclonea
Cyclonea

Apr. 23, 2012

Under rating threshold (show) Thanks for the pause button :)

+ - !

(0)

Developer response from Abigayl

You're welcome :)

avatar for LiuKangfatality
LiuKangfatality

Apr. 22, 2012

Under rating threshold (show) Would Be 4/5, But I Like The Game Settings. 5/5.

+ - !

(0)

Developer response from Abigayl

Thanks :). Allowing for custom sizes ended up being a bit challenging.

avatar for Blacksmith42
Blacksmith42

Jul. 16, 2012

Under rating threshold (show) great implementation of the classic. Did I read somewhere that you did this without any actors? If you create a Mobius strip version, I'll give you 5/5. :-)

+ - !

(0)

Developer response from Abigayl

Mobius strip version? And you are correct, I did this without any actors (in the normal sense of the word. There are "actors" in the game, but they are just graphics holders for the flags and bombs).

avatar for WwarMmachine
WwarMmachine

Jul. 5, 2012

Under rating threshold (show) I had two blocks left on medium. One of the two was a mine. I hit the mine.

+ - !

(0)

Developer response from Abigayl

Aww :(. I tried doing some inner coding to minimize those situations, but it's very hard to get rid of them entirely...

avatar for D357
D357

Jun. 12, 2012

Under rating threshold (show) dammit! lost AGAIN! 5/5!

+ - !

(0)

Developer response from Abigayl

Thanks for the 5 :). Better luck next time ;)

avatar for the1templar
the1templar

Apr. 24, 2012

Under rating threshold (show) dang I suck at this game too. lol never good at minesweep.

+ - !

(-1)

Developer response from Abigayl

I can try to help you learn how to play well sometime if desired.

avatar for MarzZee
MarzZee

Feb. 2, 2013

Under rating threshold (show) Sorry, 1/5, I like to "mark" where my "mines" are, your game does not seem to have that workable option !! Please fix this so I may enhance my rating!! -Marz

+ - !

(-2)

Developer response from Abigayl

No workable option? There's three ;). You can hold down shift or ctrl while clicking to toggle on "right-click mode" temporary OR you can press F (for flag) to permanently turn on/off "right-click mode". In "right-click mode", if you click a covered tile, it flags it, and if you click an uncovered tile with the proper number of flags around it, it uncovers the rest of the spaces around it (which I refer to as "super-click"). I too was frustrated with finding a Minesweeper game that didn't have all of the features... which is why I made this in the first place! ;)

avatar for qkumbredood
qkumbredood

Jul. 17, 2013

Under rating threshold (show) Sorry, but the lag kind of ruins this game for me... A pretty good variant of minesweeper, nonetheless.

+ - !

(-1)

Developer response from Abigayl

I did this with a certain methodology that has minimal lag for 95% of players... unfortunately the remaining 5% get hit with some massive lag :(.

avatar for tetsuakuma
tetsuakuma

Nov. 16, 2012

Under rating threshold (show) i always found minesweeper to be irritating to program. bravo. i assume you used a port of some kind.

+ - !

(-2)

Developer response from Abigayl

Nope, this was 100% from scratch. In fact, I was so far away from using any pre-made material that until I actually searched for the definitions of the difficulty levels (near the end of the coding process) did I find that I was not the first to come up with the first-click empty spot... I was so disappointed to find that out that it had been implemented since Vista since the last time I had played was XP, so I thought I had made a new addition to the series instead of just being the same...

  • add a comment