THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN A PRIZE.
(1) Description of the Promotion - Kongregate, (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “Loot Challenge”, (the “Loot Challenge”), a series of periodic and separate contests in which prizes will be awarded based on a random drawing of eligible entrants. Each Loot Challenge lasts approximately one (1) week and runs according to the starting and ending dates published in these Official Rules (“Challenge Period”).
(2) How to Enter – In each Weekly Loot Challenge, the Sponsor will feature a game available for play at www.kongregate.com, (“Featured Game”) and will challenge entrants to reach a published goal (“Goal”) for that game. Entrants who reach the Goal during the Challenge Period and no later than the ending date and time for that Weekly Loot Challenge are automatically entered in the drawing. To play the Featured Game and enter the Weekly Loot Challenge, create a FREE user account at www.kongregate.com by completing the registration form with your e-mail address, date of birth and the creation of a password. You can play the Featured Game as many times as you like during the Challenge Period to reach the Goal. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Weekly Loot Challenge per registered user. You can also enter by hand printing your first and last name, street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, e-mail address and phone number on a 3” x 5” card and mailing in a hand-addressed envelope to: Weekly Loot Challenge, Kongregate, 660 Mission St Ste 400, San Francisco, CA 94105. Mailed entries must be postmarked by September 13, 2009 and received no later than September 21, 2009. There is a limit of one mailed entry per person.
(3) Information About the Current Weekly Loot Challenge -
Featured Game: Little Wheel
Starts 9:PM AM US Pacific Time: September 6, 2009
Ends 11:59 PM Pacific Time: September 13, 2009
Goals: Complete the game
First Prizes: Nine (9) Coraline DVDs, ARV USD $40
There are a total of ten (10) prizes available with an overall ARV of USD $700. The odds of winning any prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received for this drawing.
Drawing Date: On or about September 21, 2009.
(4) Eligibility - The Loot Challenge is open to individuals who are 13 years of age or older. The Loot Challenge is void in Quebec, Australia, Puerto Rico, Mexico and anywhere it is prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of Kongregate, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved in the design, execution or production of the Loot Challenge are not eligible.
(5) General: The Grand Prize will be awarded as a USD $340 gift card from an on-line game retailer; the remaining prizes will be awarded as a USD $40 gift card from an on-line game retailer. If winner’s residency is not compatible with Sponsor’s selection of on-line retailer, the Grand Prize will be awarded as a check for USD $340 and the first prize as a check for USD $40. Entries are eligible only for the Weekly Loot Challenge in which the Goal was achieved and will not be “rolled forward” for inclusion in any subsequent drawings. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this promotion at the conclusion and fulfillment of all prizes associated with any given Weekly Loot Challenge. All point tabulation and game play progress is controlled by game programming and site functionality at kongregate.com and the site tabulation is final in all matters relating to determining eligibility for entry in the drawing. In creating your user account, you have the opportunity to “opt in” to receive e-mail updates from the Sponsor. “Opting in” is not a requirement of entry nor does it improve your chances of winning. If the winner of any prize is not a US resident, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize as the cash equivalent in US Dollars based on the ARV for the prize as shown in these Official Rules. Potential winners will be contacted by the e-mail address (as provided in creating their user account) within three (3) business days of the drawing date to confirm prize acceptance and to determine a shipping address for the prize. Potential winners will have (5) five days to respond to the prize notification e-mail with the requested information. Failure to respond within this time frame will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Return of prize notification e-mail as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. In compliance with Canadian law, Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner.
ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY RESULTING FROM A WINNER’S RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. There are no prize transfers, prize substitutions or cash options available other than the cash option for non-US resident winners as described in these Official Rules. In the event of unavailability of the prize or prize components, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the winning entry, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the submitted Internet e-mail address regardless of the individual who submitted the entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet Service Provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain names associated with e-mail addresses. Sponsor reserves the right to void entries which it its sole determination, are irregular or have been generated with abusive and/or duplicitous intent including but not limited to false or multiple e-mail addresses.
By entering, participants (a) agree to comply with and be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Sponsor and its employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this promotion or from the awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize; (c) acknowledge that Sponsor, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (d) consent to use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness, statements and voice for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, illegible, incorrect or inaccurate information or entries that are misdirected or misrouted as a result of interrupted or unavailable network connections or internet transmissions for any reason, or any failure of the website during the Loot Challenge Period, or for any computer, phone, phone line hardware or software malfunction, failure or error of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempt by an entrant to interfere with the operations of the Loot Challenge is a violation of criminal and civil laws; Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, the Loot Challenge is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Loot Challenge, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Loot Challenge and select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. All entries are the property of the Sponsor.
(6) Release: BY ENTERING THE LOOT CHALLENGE, YOU RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSOR AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE LOOT CHALLENGE OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR DEFECTS IN, A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE LOOT CHALLENGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, AND/OR DEFAMATION.
(7) Winners List: For a list of the winners in any given month, send a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than the last business day of that month to: Kongregate Loot Challenge Winners, 660 Mission Street, STE 400, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Sponsor: Kongregate, 660 Mission Street, STE 400, San Francisco, CA 94105.