“Aliens vs Colonial Marines Quest Sweekstakes”
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN A PRIZE.
(1) Entry Period: The Aliens vs Colonial Marines Quest Sweepstakes" ("Quest Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00 AM CT on January 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on January 24, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received or postmarked by January 24, 2013. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final..
(2) How to Enter – In each Quest Sweepstakes , the Sponsor will feature a set of games available for play at www.kongregate.com, (“Featured Games”) and will challenge entrants to reach a published goal (“Goal”) for those games. Entrants who reach the Goal during the Quest Sweepstakes Period and no later than the ending date and time for that Quest Sweepstakes are automatically entered in the drawing. To play the Featured Games and play the Quest, create a FREE user account at www.kongregate.com by completing the registration form with your e-mail address, date of birth and the creation of a password. You can play the Featured Game as many times as you like during the Quest Period to reach the Goal. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Quest Sweepstakes per registered user. You can also enter by hand printing your first and last name, street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, e-mail address and phone number on a 3” x 5” card and mailing in a hand-addressed envelope to: Aliens VS Colonial Marines Sweepstakes, Kongregate, 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. Mailed entries must be postmarked by October 15, 2012 and received no later than October 26, 2012. There is a limit of one mailed entry per person.
(3) Information About the Quest Sweepstakes -
Featured Games: Colonial Marines Quest: Raze 2, The Breach, Outpost, Mission Space, Bulls eye Interstellar Marines. Aliens Quest: Immortal, Tripod Attack, GluFO 2.0, The Visitor, Orbital Decay
Starts: 12:00 AM US Pacific Time: January 15, 2013
Ends: 11:59 PM US Pacific Time: January 24, 2013
Goals: Complete either the Aliens Quest or the Colonial Marines Quest
5 Runner Ups will receive: Aliens: Colonial Marines game
There is a total of six (6) prizes available with an overall ARV of USD $900.00. The odds of winning any prize depends upon the number of eligible entries received for this drawing.
Drawing Date: On or about January 31,2013.
(4) Eligibility - The Quest is open to individuals who are 13 years of age or older. The Quest is void in Quebec, Australia, Puerto Rico, Mexico and anywhere it is prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of Kongregate, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved in the design, execution or production of the Quest Sweepstakes are not eligible.
(5) General: The Grand Prize will be awarded as one (1) Aliens: Colonial Marines game, (2) Xbox 360 250 GB Console, (3) Custom NERF Pulse Rifle, (4) Colonial Marines Recruitment Hoodie, (5) Power Loader T-Shirt, (6) Chestburster Scan T-shirt, (7) USS Sulaco Colonial Marines hat, (8) Facehugger, and (9) Casey doll head. Five (5) runner ups will be awarded one a Aliens: Colonial Marines game. Entries are eligible only for the Quest Sweepstakes in which the Goal was achieved and will not be “rolled forward” for inclusion in any subsequent drawings. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this promotion at the conclusion and fulfillment of all prizes associated with any given Quest Sweepstakes. All point tabulation and game play progress is controlled by game programming and site functionality at kongregate.com and the site tabulation is final in all matters relating to determining eligibility for entry in the drawing. In creating your user account, you have the opportunity to “opt in” to receive e-mail updates from the Sponsor. “Opting in” is not a requirement of entry nor does it improve your chances of winning. If the winner of any prize is not a US resident, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize as the cash equivalent in US Dollars based on the ARV for the prize as shown in these Official Rules. Potential winners will be contacted by the e-mail address (as provided in creating their user account) within three (3) business days of the drawing date to confirm prize acceptance and to determine a shipping address for the prize. Potential winners will have five (5) days to respond to the prize notification e-mail with the requested information. Failure to respond within this time frame will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Return of prize notification e-mail as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. In compliance with Canadian law, Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner.
ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY RESULTING FROM A WINNER’S RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. There are no prize transfers, prize substitutions or cash options available other than the cash option for non-US resident winners as described in these Official Rules. In the event of unavailability of the prize or prize components, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the winning entry, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the submitted Internet e-mail address regardless of the individual who submitted the entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet Service Provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain names associated with e-mail addresses. Sponsor reserves the right to void entries which it its sole determination, are irregular or have been generated with abusive and/or duplicitous intent including but not limited to false or multiple e-mail addresses.
By entering, participants (a) agree to comply with and be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Sponsor and its employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this promotion or from the awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize; (c) acknowledge that Sponsor, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (d) consent to use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness, statements and voice for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, illegible, incorrect or inaccurate information or entries that are misdirected or misrouted as a result of interrupted or unavailable network connections or internet transmissions for any reason, or any failure of the website during the Quest Sweepstakes Period, or for any computer, phone, phone line hardware or software malfunction, failure or error of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempt by an entrant to interfere with the operations of the Quest Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws; Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, the Quest Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Quest Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Quest Sweepstakes and select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. All entries are the property of the Sponsor.
(6) Release: BY ENTERING THE QUEST SWEEPSTAKES, YOU RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSOR AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE QUEST SWEEPSTAKES OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR DEFECTS IN, A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE QUEST SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, AND/OR DEFAMATION.
(7) Winners List: For a list of the winners in any given month, send a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than the last business day of that month to: Kongregate Aliens vs Colonial Marines Winners, 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Sponsor: Kongregate, 2 Shaw Alley, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.