“New Mombasa Month Grand Challenge”
THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN A PRIZE.
(1) Description of the Promotion - Kongregate, (the “Sponsor”) is offering the “New Mombasa Month Grand Challenge”, (the “Grand Challenge”), a contest in which prizes will be awarded based on a random drawing of eligible entrants. The Grand Challenge begins at 12:01:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 10, 2009 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on October 4, 2009 (the “Contest Period”).
(2) How to Enter – Beginning at 12:01:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on September 10, 2009 through 11:59:59 p.m. PT on October 4, 2009, visit www.kongregate.com/pages/halo-odst-sweepstakes and follow the online instructions for earning the ticket available in the current Grand Challenge ("Ticket"). Four tickets labeled "O", "D", "S", and "T" must be collected during the challenge period for entry ("Goal"). There is a limit of one (1) entry per Grand Challenge per registered user. You can also enter by hand printing your first and last name, street address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, e-mail address and phone number on a 3” x 5” card and mailing in a hand-addressed envelope to: New Mombasa Month Grand Challenge, Kongregate, 660 Mission St Ste 400, San Francisco, CA 94105. Mailed entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2009 and received no later than October 7, 2009. There is a limit of one mailed entry per person.
Grand Prize: one (1) Mitsubishi - 60" 1080p 120Hz DLP HDTV (ARV USD $1200), one (1) Xbox 360 Elite (ARV USD $300), and one (1) copy of Halo 3: ODST (ARV USD $60), for a total ARV of USD $1,560
The odds of winning depends upon the number of eligible entries received for this drawing.
Drawing Date: On or about October 7, 2009.
(4) Eligibility - The Grand Challenge is open to individuals who are 13 years of age or older. The Grand Challenge is void in Quebec, Australia, Puerto Rico, Mexico and anywhere it is prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and representatives (and members of their immediate families and those living in the same household of each) of Kongregate, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other company involved in the design, execution or production of the Grand Challenge are not eligible.
(5) General: The Grand Prize will be awarded as a USD $1,560 gift card from an on-line retailer. If winner’s residency is not compatible with Sponsor’s selection of on-line retailer, the first prize will be awarded as a check for USD $1,560. Entries are eligible only for the Grand Challenge in which the Goal was achieved and will not be eligible for inclusion in any subsequent drawings. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this promotion at the conclusion and fulfillment of all prizes associated with any given Grand Challenge. All point tabulation and game play progress is controlled by game programming and site functionality at kongregate.com and the site tabulation is final in all matters relating to determining eligibility for entry in the drawing. In creating your user account, you have the opportunity to “opt in” to receive e-mail updates from the Sponsor. “Opting in” is not a requirement of entry nor does it improve your chances of winning. If the winner of any prize is not a US resident, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize as the cash equivalent in US Dollars based on the ARV for the prize as shown in these Official Rules. Potential winners will be contacted by the e-mail address (as provided in creating their user account) within three (3) business days of the drawing date to confirm prize acceptance and to determine a shipping address for the prize. Potential winners will have (5) five days to respond to the prize notification e-mail with the requested information. Failure to respond within this time frame will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Return of prize notification e-mail as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. In compliance with Canadian law, Canadian winners will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill question as a condition of being named a valid winner.
ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY RESULTING FROM A WINNER’S RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. There are no prize transfers, prize substitutions or cash options available other than the cash option for non-US resident winners as described in these Official Rules. In the event of unavailability of the prize or prize components, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component of equal or greater value.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the winning entry, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the submitted Internet e-mail address regardless of the individual who submitted the entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet Service Provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain names associated with e-mail addresses. Sponsor reserves the right to void entries which it its sole determination, are irregular or have been generated with abusive and/or duplicitous intent including but not limited to false or multiple e-mail addresses.
By entering, participants (a) agree to comply with and be bound by the official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects; (b) agree to release Sponsor and its employees and agents from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in this promotion or from the awarding, receipt, possession use and/or misuse of any prize; (c) acknowledge that Sponsor, and its employees and agents have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose; and (d) consent to use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness, statements and voice for advertising and promotional purposes in all media worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, misdirected, garbled, illegible, incorrect or inaccurate information or entries that are misdirected or misrouted as a result of interrupted or unavailable network connections or internet transmissions for any reason, or any failure of the website during the Grand Challenge Period, or for any computer, phone, phone line hardware or software malfunction, failure or error of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Any attempt by an entrant to interfere with the operations of the Grand Challenge is a violation of criminal and civil laws; Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. If, for any reason, the Grand Challenge is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Grand Challenge, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Grand Challenge and select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. All entries are the property of the Sponsor.
(6) Release: BY ENTERING THE GRAND CHALLENGE, YOU RELEASE AND HOLD SPONSOR AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE GRAND CHALLENGE OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR DEFECTS IN, A PRIZE, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE GRAND CHALLENGE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS BASED ON PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY LOSS OR DAMAGE, PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY RIGHTS, AND/OR DEFAMATION.
(7) Winners List: For a list of the winner send a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked no later than October 30,2009: Kongregate New Mombasa Month Grand Challenge Winners, 660 Mission Street, STE 400, San Francisco, CA 94105.
Sponsor: Kongregate, 660 Mission Street, STE 400, San Francisco, CA 94105.