"IT PAYS TO BE A TYRANT SWEEPSTAKES"
SPONSORED BY GAMESTOP, INC.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, GUAM AND PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "It Pays to be a Tyrant Sweepstakes" (“Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:00 AM CT on August 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on August 22, 2011 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received or postmarked by August 22, 2011. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico. Entrants must be at least 13 years of age at time of entry. Entrants who have not yet reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (“Minors”) must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter Sweepstakes. Employees of GameStop, Inc., or its affiliated companies (other than those employees that are residents of Puerto Rico) are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Residents of Puerto Rico that are employees of GameStop, Inc., or its affiliated companies, are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. GameStop, Inc., (“GameStop”or “Sponsor”), The Marketing Arm, Inc. (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Sweepstakes, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, together with the Sponsor and Administrator are herein referred to as (“Sweepstakes Entities”). By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim, including claims based on defamation, publicity rights and invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
4. To Enter: There are Two (2) ways to enter Sweepstakes. There is a limit of a total of two (2) entries per entrant, regardless of entry method. These two (2) entries can be achieved via one or a combination of the below entry methods. Entry limitations associated with an entry method, if any, are specified below.
1. Kongregate Members: To enter via this method, during the Sweepstakes Period entrant must visit www.kongregate.com/tyrant (“Website”) and play the online game “Tyrant” on Website. To enter via this method, entrant must be a registered user of Kongregate. There is no cost to register with Kongregate. If entrant reaches level 5 via game play, then entrant will automatically receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. If entrant reaches level 10 via game play, then entrant will automatically receive an additional entry into Sweepstakes.
2. Enter By Mail: No purchase is necessary to enter via this method. Print your full name, phone number, email address and mailing address on a 3” x 5” card, insert card in envelope, affix proper postage and mail to: The Marketing Arm Inc., Attention: “It Pays to be a Tyrant Sweepstakes”, #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452. Entrant must send each entry in a separate envelope. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage due mail entries. Mail entries must be postmarked by August 22, 2011 and received by August 26, 2011.
There is a limit of two (2) entries per person. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than two (2) entries, only the first two (2) entries will count. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the person who submitted a winning online entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the e-mail account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the total number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Prize: The one (1) Winner will receive one (1) $10,000 GameStop Gift Card (the “Prize”), with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $10,000. GameStop Gift Cards terms and conditions will apply.
By participating in Sweepstakes, the Winner (hereinafter defined) grants the right to Sponsor to record, videotape and photograph the Winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of the Winner’s personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: The one (1) Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries received on or about September 16, 2011. The potential Winner will be notified by email on or about September 19, 2011 and will be required to confirm his/her address. If potential Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or does not confirm his/her address within three (3) days from when initial email is sent, an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining Eligible Entries received. If a potential Winner otherwise is disqualified or becomes ineligible, Winner privileges will be terminated, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries. The Prize documents will be delivered to Winner’s residence, or some other address as may be requested by Winner, on or about September 22, 2011.
7. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prize, the potential Winner must confirm acceptance of the Prize within three (3) days of being notified of being a potential Winner, and must sign (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a Minor), and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Administrator or Sponsor, (which will be sent to potential Winner via email) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize, to be eligible for the Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential Winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such a release.. If a potential Winner does not sign this release (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a Minor) and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When properly executed, and providing potential Winner is in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winner will be determined to be the Sweepstakes winner (“Winner”). Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner in a random drawing in the event that any potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and/or Publicity Release documentation within the time frame specified above.
By participating in Sweepstakes, the Winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner (or his or her parent/legal guardian if Winner is a Minor) will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, car, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to the Prize.
The Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prize as Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prize will be on or about October 1, 2011, but subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value, as set forth in these Official Rules (subject to compliance with applicable law). No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize, including, without limitation, any equipment to be used in connection with the Prize, are solely Winner’s responsibility. The Prize is provided “as is”. Entrants acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including any express warranties provided by a Prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Winner must supply Administrator and/or Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. The value of the Prize will be taxable to Winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the Prize granted if the actual value of the Prize is over $600. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility.
9. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes (subject to compliance with applicable law). If the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the end date stated herein, notice will be posted on http://www.Kongregate.com/tyrant and the Prize will be awarded to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after, if applicable, the time of modification, cancellation or termination. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Sweepstakes for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes (subject to compliance with applicable law).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, entries that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE TEXAS COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) LOCATED IN TARRANT COUNTY, TEXAS SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THESE COURTS.
10. Request for Name of Winner and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made by October 22, 2011. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marketing Arm Inc., "It Pays to be a Tyrant Sweepstakes", #140, 233 Rock Road, Glen Rock, NJ 07452.
11. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by GameStop, Inc., 625 Westport Parkway, Grapevine, Texas 76051. Email – email@example.com.
12. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.