Topic: Tap Adventure: Time Travel: Web /
Hermit DPS upgrade with Miracle VS Magic upgrade
Comparing these two options, note that upgrading the Hermit also allows him to autoattack for his full DPS. This benefit can be added directly to the findings below, when comparing builds. Personally I’ve noticed that this tends to 1-shot commanders and easily kill bosses, speeding up the run and preventing grind moments.
[ On “MPS” and magical damage-per-second ]
To avoid confusion: DPS is damage done per second, not attack. “MPS” is damage done per attack, not per second.
To get the true magical dps, we multiply “MPS” by 10x, which is the max speed for magic attacks (whether idle or with a clicker). So, each level of Hermit’s Miracle, which adds 1.4% of his DPS to “MPS”, actually adds 14% of his DPS to magical dps.
At Miracle level 3, which I had at the time of testing, this amount becomes 42% of the Hermit’s DPS. Obviously, this is a lot.
[ Findings ]
I compared the magical dps gained when upgrading Magic directly to the magical dps gained when upgrading the Hermit’s weapon.
The conclusion, in short: A single lvl of Hermit’s Miracle gives identical magical dps per Hermit weapon upgrade as upgrading Magic directly. Every lvl of Miracle beyond that is essentially a multiplier: 2x, 3x etc.
[ Data ]
My data was met with hostility on the chat, so I would ask anyone reading this to pitch in and either try to confirm or disprove what I wrote here. I’ll add more comparison moments later, if this game keeps me interested that is. Post data, not just speculation.
- First, artifacts: I had, at the time of testing, a 17% DPS
increase (arrowheads), nothing else. Yes, I am a newbie and wanted to save my runestones until I figure out the build I want.
- The values are all in KK, though this is irrelevant.
Order: Hermit DPS / Miracle magical dps / Magic “MPS” / Actual magical dps
Current dmg value: 2730 / 1145 / 33.71 / 337.1
Upgrade increase: 930 / 390.5 / 8.59 / 85.9
Upgrade cost: 13000 / 13000 / 15000 / 15000
Note that the magic dps values are calculated manually, not taking from the top-right of the game screen (which is a completely wrong number, namely “MPS”).
I made sure the Magic upgrade was more expensive for good measure. As you can see, there’s no contest whatsoever.
[ Side notes ]
– It was argued that Miracle is not available until around stage 100, this is true (exact data required).
– It was argued that Switching from whatever got you to stage 100, to upgrading the Hermit, causes stagnation. This is true, it takes about 5 minutes to get up to full speed.
– It was argued that Hermit’s health must also be upgraded. Correct, but this can be kept as low as 1/8th as his weapon upgrade cost, even when you’re as new to the game as I am and lack artifacts.
– It was argued that more data is required. This is correct. Two things: The upgrade progression formula, for both DPS and Magic “MPS”, to calculate efficiency precisely. Considering how overwhelmingly the data is in favor of the Miracle build, not even including the Hermit´s auto attack, this will almost surely be a moot point in the discussion, however.
– Obviously, in case you didn’t know this, Golden Touch works with Miracle. This allows you to kill enemies as soon as they spawn, including bosses, as your damage is roughly 4x higher. Tested up to stage 490, my current highest.