Topic: Global Assault: General /
[Dev]Upcoming PvP Adjustments
Originally posted by Phestus:
Look, I don’t know how else to explain this. Did you guys like the Fusion Cores? That was the devs first ham-fisted attempt at slowing the game down to a crawl.
EVERYONE HATED IT. EVERYONE. Nobody came out in support for that idiocy, anywhere.
Now, a few people have complained that they cant have a life and be competitive in this game at the same time. Fine. Turn the game off, and go have a life. Don’t have to be in Ember to enjoy this game, do you? What you are doing is using the draconian argument that if I wish to not spend time in this game, nobody else should be able to spend time either. You are the precious little center of the universe, and we should all adjust our schedules around your ‘life’. Who cares if Atari or Bushnoir or Arc wanted to grind ember all day and night for a shot at something cool…Gamma has adult things to do, sorry, you cant do that.
The Devs, of course, are cackling with glee. They wanted to grind the progress to a fraction of what it was, to force more scrap and volt coin sales. The community shouted it down, and they back off the fusion cores. Now, you have handed them what they want.
Blue you say you like a good, old fashioned grind? That’s cool. Me too. Too bad 200 players already did it and now have 500 SP, and now the time it will take us to join them at the top just tripled. That’s cool though, as long as you and Gamma can do your grown-up, incredibly important adult stuff, who cares how long you just made the rest of us work.
I hope you at least get a cookie as a thank you from the devs.
1. Fusion cores meant you needed cores to increase tiers of units. That is not the case here, once again your fear mongering. Acting like the end of the world will come cuz because you get less scans per day. Totally disregarding the positives, and only backing the people who live here. Well I’m backing everyone, plain and simple. It should be fair for everyone, and this way it will be.
2. Not a few people have complained, alot of people have complained. About alot more then wanting a real life outside this game. Raid health bars ring a bell? Well now we have a separate health bar with the changes for raid. Meaning a increase in raid and other activities. However a decrease in pvp, which will not really be a large decrease. Seeing we can fight all of our scans now win or lose with no health loss. No matter how strong the foe. Keep telling people they will get a decrease of a factor of 3 x though. As for us knowing players, thats just not the case. Again is simple fear mongering.
3. You can spend all the time here you want still, but that won’t give you a edge in league over others now. Now it will be fair for everyone, sorry to rain on your parade. No group of people will have the edge over another. No more health refills to make league unfair. No more having to lose sleep / real lives over a game. Amen to that.
4. I hope the devs are happy, everyone deserves to be happy. Not punished to have to be glued to this game just to compete. Disregard that though, its ok. I made a genuine attempt to have the problem fixed the right way. They were not going for it, hence we’ll have to settle for this change or again go ahead and quit?
5. Please break down how progression will be so unbearable and decreased by a factor of 3x?? With 32 scans a day, almost unlimited raids now, no health lost in pvp, and not missing any action anymore? So your telling us that everyone will suffer due to this change? I don’t think so, only the people who live here will be effected. If you live here just to compete, then go play something else and lose sleep and your real lives. Games are meant to be fun, not grueling where you lose sleep / your real lives.
6. Finally sorry you have to grind alil harder, and things aren’t just handed to you. Wait sorry they are just handed to you, seeing we have free units / equipment given to us all the time with events and +++++. Which also raises scrap even more, yet your really gonna suffer just from missing some scans?
7. Again I don’t want a cookie, I don’t even want a thank you. I just want this game to be fair for everyone, now it will be. Sorry if you feel thats a bad thing, life goes on. However now it will be a real life, not one of lost sleep and effected real lives. Disregarding real life for a game is a disease, one in which is about to be cured here with these changes.
8. Now you will be able to log in here 2 x or 3 x a day to do 16 / 12 scans each time, also taking part in raid or doing missions if your still newer. Being unconcerned with health, cuz no health loss in pvp. Meaning you can do awhole lot more raiding now and missions. Hence will make up for some scrap loss / they will increase scrap also slightly as stated. Meaning not this huge loss you keep speaking of. That to me is enough activity, if you want more then converse with friends here as well. That or make another account if you love this game that much to live here. Enjoy your lives back, we all need a life outside this game. Sorry to those who disagree, now we can have that. Also not missing out on all aspects of the game. We get our lives, mixed with the game. Having time for both, not missing a step along the way.
…..I’ll let brother Wonka do the talking now. I made my point, with success.