Topic: Off-topic /
To anybody who has lost alot of weight or just got themselves into amazing shape: what are some of your “secrets”?
I’d say burning more calories than you take in is a good start. It’s the most obvious thing that some people just can’t get a grasp of. When you hear somebody say “I’ve tried everything!” ask them if they’ve tried burning more calories than they shove in their face. Some more specific tips would be things like:
1) Do shorter, high-intensity workouts instead of long, mediocre ones. Running for 20 minutes as hard as you can is way better than running for an hour at a medium pace.
2) Don’t ignore your muscles. Cardio is never enough and if you want to turn your body into a fat-burning machine you need to pack on some muscle. High-intensity resistance training will give you a superhero-like body if you stick with it and do the right workouts, and all of that information is available to you online for free.
3) Stop binging on junkfood, especially at night. Eating like a human instead of some shit factory will change your life. You can eat as much as you want, whenever you get hungry… Just stop cramming shit down your gullet and you’ll notice a huge difference.
4) Portion control. Don’t eat until you feel disgustingly full, eat about half that amount and just eat more often. You’ll get hungry more and it makes eating the food much more enjoyable.
5) Breathing exercises. There are plenty, and I guess alot of people just do yoga, but all I do is about 30 breaths a day going: 2 seconds in through my nose, allowing my chest to expand and contracting my abs, hold that breath for 4 seconds, breathe out through my mouth for 1 second. You don’t have to do it for this amount of time, and I actually usually take longer breaths, it just needs to be at a ratio of 2:4:1. Sounds like some bullshit, but I challenge anybody to do that and see if they don’t feel a difference in their metabolism.
Please add any advice that you can think of so that anybody who is interested can check it out. I know alot of people already know all of this, but I think there are many others out there who don’t and I think some of them would be interested to know. Keep in mind that this is also just a condensed version of stuff you can find at Men’s Health, Livestrong, and plenty of personal trainer videos.