Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl:
Okay, I’ve done what I can to try to give you guys any kind of answer, when there currently isnt one, one way or the other. I’ve tried to let you know what’s going on, and why players are not outright being banned. It’s under investigation… Think I said that a few times.
As to a few more things to explain here… a balen generator is a third party program that changes the gameplay, so yes, it’s against the rules. That is pretty clear, and should be to everyone. The sylph one… does it or doesn’t it? This is why I’m keeping this thread open, not for any other reason, at this point, yes, I kinda wish I didn’t respond at all, but I thought some answer was better than none… apparently my first mistake here.
So I’ve answered, and will answer a few more. The post that was hidden, I can’t answer why, I didn’t hide it, and while I can say I didn’t understand it, it looked like you were harassing another user, so that may be why it was hidden. Player have been pretty flag happy in these forums the last few days, and mods on kong see every flagged post, if you wish me to contact them to unhide it, I will, but I’m not sure you weren’t harassing someone, so please pm me on that to explain it first.
William Teller offers a very viable solution when you see players botting, attack them and make them leave sylph atoll, I know several players who do this already for bully players who block lower levels from farming. I see this as an extension of that kind of service.
Sweetlocky, I’ll try to address your concerns one by one… 1. I did not contradict myself in that post, though from your response, it’s clear that you didnt understand what I intended to say with it, so here let me try again to be a bit more clear. It’s under investigation. There is no ruling on if it’s against the rules or not yet. Players currently using a bot are not considered to be breaking rules yet until the investigation is closed and that is why there has been no action taken against them.
2 This sounds like a logical fallacy, I never said any of those things were okay. The intent of that statement was to warn players using a bot that they could find themselves in trouble if they continue using them, but that they currently are not in any trouble.
3. that response was in direct response to a player complaining that someone who can farm sylphs for longer than he can has a clear advantage, it’s not any different than any other player who can spend more time. I never said any of them should be punished, and don’t know how you came up with that idea, I’m just stating that it does not mean that those players are breaking rules just because they play more, or farm more by whatever means they use. you want to show it’s unfair, give more reasons why it’s unfair, so that I can give that to the devs.
4. hadn’t been ignoring it, don’t think it was brought up till after I posted that, and I posted it to include that there are limits in place to prevent it from becoming too far out of hand, the poster who mentioned the gold gave us a good reason why that may not be true and additional limits may need to be put in the game.
5. asking more questions here to get the discussion rolling, I’d love to hear from players who would like to be able to use a bot, and why, so far i’m hearing some of the reasons why it is unfair. I haven’t made any conclusions either way myself, am trying to get your input to pass along to the devs, maybe this is something we can work on.
6. we need a discussion so that I can show the devs arguments from players why we need to change things, either allow it and everyone can use it, disallow it and stop those using it from doing so, or limit how many you can get in a day, or add a blitz, whatever, but I like to give backup to them when we pass things along. The better the input the more likely we are to ever change something.
7. I didn’t silence you, I wasn’t even home when all that happened, I didn’t hide any of your posts, you must have had players report you to a kong admin, I can even give you the name of the one who did it if you want me to. As to if I’m helpful, or not, I do try to help, sometimes I cant, and I have no powers in game to ban or mute players, nor do I have these powers on kong, so if you think I had anything to do with any of that, you’re mistaken. If you also want to point at me and say I didn’t ban a troll on your server, first, I dont have the power to do so, and second, if you send in a report, they will act accordingly, so whatever their conclusion, I have nothing to do with it, but I did report to them that they needed to look into it, which was the limit of the help I could give in that instance.
I’m now going to step out of this discussion entirely, and leave the answer to someone from the support team. Please keep it on topic without resorting to ad hominems… I wanted this thread to have players posting why we should or should not have bots, not to just attack me for trying to answer about the players accused, or continue to answer about my answer… I’m not going to lock or delete it, but it’s at risk already of having that happen because I had to clear several flags from your post already sweet so that another mod didn’t step in to remove it.
Botting = Cheating. hello????