Recent posts by lolieatu on Kongregate

Flag Post

Topic: Tyrant: General Tyrant Discussion / Faction Recruitment Thread


Ascension, lvl 13 (almot 14) faction is looking for active members. We are strong (easily score 10ks in war), fast growing, and FUN (lively faction chat everyday).
playstyle: casual
community: very helpful. we have players ranging from lvl 20 to lvl 140. great advice by the officers.
join us at http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?source=finv&kv_apply=20121002 and earn 4 faction tokens with us per day.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Tyrant: General Tyrant Discussion / Faction Recruitment Thread


ascension, lvl 13 faction recruiting join us and earn 4 tokens per day!
playstyle: casual
community: helpful
we are rebuilding, anyone with a good cardpool can apply.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?source=finv&kv_apply=20121002

 
Flag Post

Topic: Tyrant: General Tyrant Discussion / Faction Recruitment Thread


ascension, a lvl 13 (almost 14) faction is looking for active players. We currently earn 2 tokens /day but will soon earn 4 tokens/day once we reach lvl 14. We are a fast growing faction which has won 96% of our wars.
Come join us http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?source=finv&kv_apply=20121002

 
Flag Post

Topic: Tyrant: General Tyrant Discussion / Xeno Invasion 4?

my deck which goes through xeno invasion 4 with no trouble:
commander: atlas
action: chaos wave and electromagnetic wave
structure: missile silo
assaults:
2 dominated hatchlings
1 jagatai
1 saber
1 cannon walker
1 rifter
1 arc trooper

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Are there ANY counters to Helene?

Yea, another counter (maybe not a counter, but a card that can help you win when facing Helene) is Sophie with the damage transfer item. Sophie is able to survive 3-4 turns before dying against Helene, which let you use her bench hit move 3-4 times. (3-4 times 15 is a lot of damage) Then you can use some chars like Ambro to easily finish your opponent’s deck off. I know this because I often get pissed by this…

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Are there ANY counters to Helene?

I only see two remarkable counters:
1. Rathbone (especially with bracelets)
reason: with bracelets, helene needs 3 turns to kill Rath, while Rath needs 2 turns to kill Helene.
without bracelets, Helene has 50% chance to win, 50% chance to lose, depending on whether heart of darkness proc.

2. Cain (especially with tome)
reason: at close, cain’s tackle has 50% chance to interrupt all Helene’s moves, except frenzied strikes which isn’t effective against Cain, because of his dark resistance. At long range, Cain’s bats can hurt Helene very much. Plus the fact that if Can got enchanted strikes, his innate becomes deadly.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Kongai Strategies

Originally posted by HundredAndFour:
Originally posted by lolieatu:

if it’s only luck based then why the people on top are always the same? They can’t be always lucky.

Apparently no one ever taught you about probabilities.

Let’s say you have a 50/50 situation, like an intercept/attack situation.

You have a one half chance of getting the intercept right, and one half for the the attack.

This next step is the important one. After choosing, give a small prayer to the RNG. If the RNG is smiling upon you, then you will always be correct.

That’s how the top players stay at the top. They got a proper education about probabilities.

LOL. Normal distribution, Student distribution, linear regression, confidence interval, sample proportion, binomial law, I think I know much more probability than you do. So don’t give me a shit out of that. Top players win because they read their opponents well.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Kongai Strategies

if it’s only luck based then why the people on top are always the same? They can’t be always lucky.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Kongai Strategies

I divide Kongai game strategy into 3 categories:
1. character matchup
2. observing your opponent
3. luck factor

I won’t make a long thread since Kongai isn’t as hot as before. So just some general principals for players that are searching to become top tier.

1. character matchup
It is very important to have a good matchup( at least an equal matchup) in your game. Some matchups can make you super disadvantaged. For example:

Your popo vs Ambro girdle
immune to poison, immune to crit

your Bestor vs VV
flame frenzy become useless

your close range tanker vs Helene
Helene is the queen of close rangers because of her fast yet powerful frenzied strikes, so switch out when you in such a matchup.

When you are in such matchups, switch out when possible.

Also, energy is very important in this game. A less energy char vs a full energy char isn’t going to help in the long run.
So, instead of switching when you run out of energy ( which can make your switch obvious), switch before that and confuse your opponent. In this case, the situation become reversed – you have a full energy char while your opponent a low energy char.

2. observing your opponent
you have to read your opponent’s mind to win in this game. To do that, at the beginning of the game, don’t do risky moves and observe. Generally, you open the game with an attack. Even if you know that your opponent will very probably switch, still attack to see. There are only 2 ways in which your opponent will act:
1. he will act in the best way for him
2. he knows that you will prevent him from acting in the best way for him, thus he act in the opposite way

In concrete examples:
You have a CC with full energy against your opponent’s char with low energy and very vulnerable to pilebunker. The best way for him is to switch. He may switch, yet he may not switch (attack or rest) because he thinks you will intercept.

You don’t know how your opponent will act at the beginning of the game, when you don’t know him. Yet by experiencing him over and over, you will eventually know how he generally acts, and the frequency of his strategy-change. Sometimes, by doing the same moves again and again (which is a way to experience your opponent), you build a confidence in him that you will do it again. For example: by not intercepting when you know he will switch for 4 times in a row, he will assume that you won’t intercept the 5 time. But the in the critical 5th time, you intercept and shock him. In the matchups of top tier players, the 2 players are adjusting their tactics constantly, to not be looked through by your opponent.

3. luck factor
luck factor is to consider in high lvl matchups. If a hit is 100% hit, yet another is 95% hit, and they both can kill your opponent with similar energy, don’t take the chance, and choose the 100% hit one. If your opponent has attacks that can stun, interupt, or confuse, your have to consider the consequences of these effects being activated. For example: you have Margo vs Yoshi, both at full hp, you want to hallu on yoshi to swich out for Phoebe. But, you have to be aware that if Yoshi stuns you with his open palm, then your Margo is dead. (open palm + double rising dragon kills Margo) You have 25% chance of dying if you do it, and 25% chance of dying is a lot. Now, let’s say your Margo doesn’t have full hp, but 50. Then chance of dying is now increased to 50% if you do the move. Why? because now Yoshi can stun, which is 25%, and even though he didn’t stun you (75%) and you succedeed your hallu, the random choosing of hallu has 25% chance to choose rising dragon, which kills you even if you run away. (if you want to switch for a close range tanker, not a long range nuke) . And the chance of you not dying is 75% * 75% = 50%. which is a lot!

So, I will end my talk here. Maybe I will make further Kongai strategies analysis, but not now. Hope it’s helpful.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Best Player

Originally posted by Tokkele:
Originally posted by lolieatu:

na, zero, i definitely quited. and i don’t have all the cards, only 70 . and is blood and solar still playing?

The deck against me was that a legit one?

I don’t know, now I may play random, but theres a good chance that it is one of my main decks.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Best Player

na, zero, i definitely quited. and i don’t have all the cards, only 70 . and is blood and solar still playing?

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Best Player

dalkc: I know I failed the sr 50 run when I was sr 49, but I beat u anytime though, lol :D

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Best Player

Kongai is really dying! Can’t see any old player now… well, the reason is maybe because,…… the game fails, haha XD

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Greatest wtf moments

mine is :

In ranked, 1st game:
I got CC, Helene, Yoshi
started with CC and pilebunkered. Missed. Got hit by fsf of Bestor. Hit a pilebunker again. Missed. I could do it because he interrupted and failed.

2nd consecutive game:
I got Helene, CC, Yoshi
started with Helene. First turn, switched to CC. Pilebunker. Missed. Then intercepted, dodged. (by Yoshiro)

3rd consecutive game:
CC vs CC. Both starter. I pilebunkered. He hypnostic stared. I HIT and CRIT. I DIED.

Conclusion, CC SUX.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Quitting

I would thank all my friends on kongregate, it was really a pleasure with you guys in the chat room. Especially, bloodflash, lightshaver, cerb mod, solarjin.

Well, I decided to quit for a long time, not because Kongai itself is a bad game, but because I’m in the most important step of my life. I’m a college student and will soon go to university, thus I think, I have to focus on my study more and get a bright future.

I’m always fighting with myself about weither quit or not. When I got to sr 47 and ascended to a top10 place, I’m really obsessed a bit about the game, and highly want to ascend more till maybe sr 50.

Then I lost 4 matches and dropped back to sr 45, this is like the sound of a huge bell telling me to wake up. So now I decided to quit. I have to be more conscious of my current situation and fight for my life instead of a game.

All this to tell my friends that I’m not quitting because I hate Kongai after some losses, but I have to leave.

To all my friends, thank you again.

Love you.

lolieatu

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

What I like about Helene is her defence, her ability to stay on the battlefield like a rock for a long time. This allows me to watch the patterns of my opponent’s moves. Yes, we have to watch an character in a global view. How they will work in a 3 on 3 game. Indeed, like you said, Wei-Shan can be a good card if played well. By playing well, I mean he is able to hit a whirlwind on a possibly running opponent, he can run against a possibly intercepting opponent, he can palm against a possibly hitting opponent. But, if he whirlwinded and the opponent ran, then he will be in a very bad situation with 20 energy left, when he palm when the opponent hits, he will take a lot of damage while dealing a little, when he runs and gets intercepted, he will lose 35 lifes for nothing. In one sentence, when you guess it wrong, you will pay hard. Kongai is a simple game with little information needed to play, there is no absolute champion like in any much bigger games where a big knowledge and experience is required and is used to be separated from other players. In high ranked matches, there are only guesses; when both player can see through the consequences of a certain move, there is no “skill involved”, but luck. This happens in games between two very skilled players, and this is why CD cheated, and why most top 10 players actually stopped playing ranked fearing of a rank drop. With Helene, however, your decisional fault counts less. You talked about the value of intercept, switch, rest, but not the consequences of a bad decision. I’ll add it here.

With Helene and her extraordinary defence, you can make faults.
The worst result of your fault is to take damage:
taking damage for a failed intercept
taking damage for energyless situation after a fleeded attack
taking damage for a switch in a wrong time

However, these damages will not (at least once) change the current situation dramatically, like most other chars would.

If Helene was close and no energy, the opponent choose to go far and hit, but there are no very powerful attacks at long range with 50 or less energy, except maybe a loaded balt.

Helene can take it and the next turn goes close, and you will be the predator and be active instead.

Above the ability to kill other chars fast, Helene can defend well against them.
And these are the reasons why Helene is good.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

Originally posted by zdrummon:

All characters do have the ability to switch, but some characters switches are more valuable than others, so it is a very important trait to take into consideration.

for example, switching with mlm or ranec or rumi (and to a lesser extent yoshiro) get quite a bit of extra power. The matchup may be one way, but the real game is not a game of 1v1 matchups. I’m not saying 1v1 matchups aren’t useful, but quantifying the relative value of each characters switch, rest, and intercept option has a lot to do with how good a character is, because it is not equal for everyone. For example, rest is almost useless with yoshiro, in comparison to starbuck or mlm. The relative power of rest is extremely high for starbuck. As well, one might consider the approximate value of an intercept with Zina. Zina as very nearly the highest rate of of response switches in the game, and that makes her intercept option uncannily powerful. Same goes with rathbone.

Determining the yomi traits of various characters in each meta is extremely important to a characters value on top of 1v1 matchups, as they are not all equal, even if they are all the same buttons for everyone. Helene vs Ambrosia, for example: helene as a more powerful intercept option in this matchup, and ambrosia has a high potential for value of her switch option. also, helenes rest is more valued. Situations may arise that, for example, intercept is not good due to the nature of what your opponent has in his deck (all people that get raped by helene), but the frequency of these occurrences define how powerful a character is in the meta, and distinctly effect them in their matchups , especially early game before you know your opponents deck (except in some unique scenarios). Forcing an opponent to repeatedly switch to stay on top is often an extreme tactical advantage, because you know their deck, and are not fearing mystery switches. This is a tactical value that can be applied in varied proportions to certain characters in certain metas, and monorangers have a naturally low rate of forcing switch due to the option of going long (although helene does have a high rate of forcing switch for a monoranger, making her intercept and value unusually high for her type)

Too many players seem to quantify character power in the meta too literally, just crunching numbers, but they forget all the other parts.

It is very well said, and I totally agree. I would add more comments on your comments later (LOL) (currently no time).

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Kongai cheaters?

they should be removed, absolutely!

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

Originally posted by jokeftw:
Originally posted by lolieatu:
Originally posted by Wraithguard89:

Onimaru can defeat her as well.
1. Go far, use Curse to nullify her Phys Def.
2. Pass, if she goes close, Double slash and pray you don’t get bashed, then Flurry for the win. If she stays far for enchanting, just keep using Spirit and the occasional Curse till switching ranges gets free. Switch in and Double Slash + Flurry for the win. Your Light Def should be pretty high by this time, enough to nullify the enchant thingy.
And that’s without items. If you use Scroll, Crane or Girdle, it gets silly, even when she’s using a Candle or a Feather.

a smart Helene won’t let Oni go far

A smart oni would pass the first turn, curse while Helene wastes Shield bash or rests, then go far or just sword flurry. and you all forget the Sword flurry the first turn Helene is cursed removes enchant. Thus if Oni can get far and stall, he is a real hard counter as FS would deal nearly no damage.

Oni is not a hard counter since it depends on each player’s skill, not the character alone.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] Kongai Epic win!

Nice, light.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

Originally posted by Wraithguard89:

Onimaru can defeat her as well.
1. Go far, use Curse to nullify her Phys Def.
2. Pass, if she goes close, Double slash and pray you don’t get bashed, then Flurry for the win. If she stays far for enchanting, just keep using Spirit and the occasional Curse till switching ranges gets free. Switch in and Double Slash + Flurry for the win. Your Light Def should be pretty high by this time, enough to nullify the enchant thingy.
And that’s without items. If you use Scroll, Crane or Girdle, it gets silly, even when she’s using a Candle or a Feather.

a smart Helene won’t let Oni go far

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

Originally posted by chesshawk:

Use Juju. Hex will easily finish her. Juju/Claw means that un-enchanted does 6 damage, and enchanted does 24. Hex is 40.

Or, use Ambro/Girdle. One Spectral Choke while she’s enchanting, and then you kill her on the second. True, you’ll take a beating, but Ambro will live.

Need more?

(We’re assuming no switchouts)

I remember the time when there were whiny people who complained so Helene was OP so she was nerfed.
She had Shield Bash was 50 energy and only 20 damage, I think and FS was only 6×8 dark damage.

So really, she’s just fine.

Originally posted by chesshawk:

Use Juju. Hex will easily finish her. Juju/Claw means that un-enchanted does 6 damage, and enchanted does 24. Hex is 40.

Or, use Ambro/Girdle. One Spectral Choke while she’s enchanting, and then you kill her on the second. True, you’ll take a beating, but Ambro will live.

Need more?

(We’re assuming no switchouts)

I remember the time when there were whiny people who complained so Helene was OP so she was nerfed.
She had Shield Bash was 50 energy and only 20 damage, I think and FS was only 6×8 dark damage.

So really, she’s just fine.

Sorry chesshawk, but 2 spectral Chokes cannot knock Helene down. She has 85 health not 80, and after enchante blade, 1 frenzied strikes plus 1 sword slash will finish Ambro. (Ambro cannot go far because Helene choose to go close).

And for Juju, it’s the same thing. Yea, hex can finish Helene in 3 hits, but sword slash can also finish Juju in 3 hits(we suppose that they both don’t have items.) Yet, sword slash can be 10 energy cost, while juju has to be 30 energy cost all the time. At this rate, it’s Helene who wins not juju.

if Juju choose to stay close, just shield bash him when you think he will touch of doom, normally he will switch out or curse. So just sword slash for the first turn.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

Originally posted by zdrummon:

I don’t have her either, and she is badass, but I’m gonna toss out there that you are woefully understating the value of wei shan. e’s a tactical support character, important for his disabling move and his whirlwind (he is a very good finisher, able to kill people in the range change round). Also, he can abuse helene by going long and using healing wind to heal your team of debuffs (such as ring of curses), and then switching back out (in this, and many capacities, his character relies on your switching skill, which inherently keeps him out of tier one characters, but he can be a beast in some matchups).

Think of wei shan the same way as you’d think of ubuntu.

Sorry zdrummon, but i just can’t think wei-shan as i’d think for Ubuntu. (LOL) Since Ubuntu can solo kill, while for Wei-Shan that is hard. (2 whirlwinds needs 1 rest ) I absolutely want Kongai to update Wei-shan and to make him more valuable by maybe just decreasing whildwind’s cost.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

and to Light, good luck getting her.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games / [Kongai] The devastating Helene

Originally posted by lightshaver:

Helene a rose by any other name wouldn`t smell just as sweet. I wish I had her :(

XD Antigone should be fine too.