Topic: Rise of Mythos /
[Help]Card usefulness for F2P player
By the time you have enough resources to pull an Awakened off, you should have a good idea of what is strong just by looking at their individual abilities and should know what would fit best in your deck.
Some popular or very effective choices I’ve seen:
- (Human) Crossbow Captain (10/21, 50% chance of stun, great power card)
- (Human) Battle Abbess (3/13, heals 3, Faith 2, probably the default choice)
- I’ve seen a Fencing Master (4/20, First Strike) and Templar (4/12, heals 2, armor 2, STOLID defense: gains +2 attack on your side of the field), the former of which works well somehow (I still think it looks bad) and the latter is obviously a dominant, sturdy vig unit.
- (Elf) Elven Rebel (4/17, Nimble, 3 armor, 5 resistance, an absolute headache to face in 1v1)
- (Elf) Elven Thunder Archmage (4/10, Nimble, 25% stun, thunderbolt for 5 damage)
- Elven Legionnaire (6/14, +1 range, vigilance, SUNDER ARMOUR, which is incredible, double damage to cavalry, and nimble) is one I haven’t seen much of but seems very, very good.
- (Halfblood) Tengu Bloodseeker (6/17, Bleed, probably my favourite ability, and backstab, nice for anti-healing utility and vig)
- Some people choose werewolves; unless you’re a top-ranked rusher, this seems like a waste to me. Sylvi Stalker and werewolf deathclaw look really good to me, and others have vouched for the prowlers and fleshrippers.
- (Undead) Vampire Archmage (3/16, drain life, 50% to reduce attack by 3), I’ve heard a lot of people say this would be good, but haven’t seen it used; it’s certainly a choice.
- (Undead) Wraith (9/6, shadow bolt, soulbound) and chilling ghost (6/10, freeze, soulbound) are some of my favourite looking awakened cards; however, they can be easily eliminated by holy damage. The other ghosts look solid, and 50% fear isn’t to be underestimated.
- (Goblin) Probably not one of these.
- Ogres were released recently; I haven’t seen any in action, but Hercules Ringleader (7/18, 50% stun, knockback 2) and Rampaging Troll (2/17, desperate strength) look great.
More opinion, especially with undead.
Basically, don’t cut yourself short with a lower CD variant of a stronger card (Blessed Elven Samurai has one less armor and resistance than Rebel for 3CD).
You’ll probably never gain an awakened elite due to the unavailability of black opals, but there are way too many choices there for me to try saying anything.