What’s with all the hate on Unity? because Unity Web Player requires DX9 level graphics card. Make sure you graphics card drivers installed.
Originally posted by player_03:Originally posted by LordBucket:
It’s totally a scam.
Unity Technologies is providing a product in exchange for money. When a user pays the correct amount of money, they get a product that does what Unity Technologies advertises. Unity Technologies is not deceiving its customers, and its revenue is fairly gained.
1. A systematic plan of action: “Did you ever carry out your scheme of writing a series of sonnets embodying all the great epochs of art?” (Edith Wharton). See Synonyms at plan.
2. A secret or devious plan; a plot: a scheme to defraud investors.
3. An orderly plan or arrangement of related parts: an irrigation scheme with dams, reservoirs, and channels.
4. A chart, diagram, or outline of a system or object.
v. schemed, schem·ing, schemes
To contrive a plan or scheme for; plot: scheming their revenge.
To make plans, especially secret or devious ones.
v. swin·dled, swin·dling, swin·dles
1. To cheat or defraud of money or property.
2. To obtain by fraudulent means: swindled money from the company.
To practice fraud as a means of obtaining money or property.
The act or an instance of swindling.
n. pl. mo·nop·o·lies
1. Exclusive control by one group of the means of producing or selling a commodity or service: “Monopoly frequently … arises from government support or from collusive agreements among individuals” (Milton Friedman).
a. A company, group, or individual having exclusive control over a commercial activity.
b. A commodity or service so controlled.
a. Exclusive possession or control: arrogantly claims to have a monopoly on the truth.
b. Something that is exclusively possessed or controlled: showed that scientific achievement is not a male monopoly.
Acting in secret to achieve a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful goal.
Unity is a ploy to introduce a new proprietary format with the hope that it becomes standard, so that the company that produces it can monopolize market share. Which, yes…is exactly the same thing that abode did with flash, and adobe annoyed a lot people when it was new too. As a programmer, I remember very clearly when I first downloaded the “Free” flash development environment back in the 90s and was absolutely disgusted with how awful it was. And now, years later there’s no longer a free version, it’s a monthly fee based service to make adbobe rich. Unity is doign exactly the same thing, and all the devs who learn it are foolishly buying into the same scam: all those free versions will be made obsolete and no longer work the moment they think they can get away with an exclusively fee based service.
It’s totally a scam. Devs suffer, users suffer, and our poor computers suffer for the shoddy inefficient resource hogginess of it.
Unity is awful.