Topic: Card Monsters /
Some ideas to CM:
The ideas listed down are just basic, not fully worked out!
What kind of game CM is meant to be!
– Is this a PvP game? No, it isnt. With the ground idea you cant ever make CM to that.
– This is a GRINDING game with PvP option. This is a long time game, so dont expect much in the first 3 month. But what do you grind for? This is the question! For now the only option in CM is to grind for cards. After long time for many it gets a litle boring.
This is the main thing in the game. After long time you get again a litle bored of swarmig at the same type. Once you got all the cards for a good swarm deck, doing the same thing to setup is just boring.
b.: Allianses/Allied Assaults:
Thats where i had the idea of “colored” swarms. (“Colored” swarms: A normal swarm deck can contain any color of cards. My idea is, that you have 2 options before the start of a swarm. One, do it at the normal way, or to start it with a color option what is random. If you try to select that option, then you have to make a deck, what has cards only of that color in it with useable cards. (Reward: has to be tested.) So now we have an option from what we dont get so fast bored, and an aim again becouse you will need specific cards. But this again doesnt solves the problem, what do you grind for?
In early game its good to be in an alliance when you cant finish your swarms alone.
But when you decided you like the game and you will spend on it (or just to use your „free” tokens), you incrase your maximum light (best idea ever for CM).
So you dont need an alliance to help you to finish swarms. AA-s just dont give enough rewards to be worth doing them.
After you maxed out reputation we are again at the point why to be in an alliance? You don get anything for being in the top alliances. Something needs to be done.
My idea: We would need 2 diferent typ of ranking: one for grinding, and 1 for AA-s.
- For grinding: How much coins did made the alliance in a specific time.
- For AA-s i would need help, but i have a basic idea. The matching can be done on the idea how much an alliance did grind.
- Lets say the top 1-16 are paired against each other, they play each other and have rematches too. The alliance with the most wins would win. Rewards: anything is pasible. All alliances would be placed in a 16 membered group.
- A litle more: After you reched demigod reputation, you should get something too. Lets say after every “y” number of reputation above demigod, you get some coins or something.
-I think we would need something more why you should aim to be in a top and high rated alliance:
1.: Alliance mebers who are in 2000+ rated alliance, could get +2% discount on buying with coins for each lvl of reputation to a maximum of 10%.
2.: Top 4 aliiance members could get 15/14/13/12% discount on buying with tokens.
I think this is’nt needed. Playing Ai in story is far enoug. The Light Crystal (LC) reward is needed because some of us buy with the get more LC option.
d.: Live play:
But LC reward can be added to live play or to anything. Many will miss the coins reward for it, so i would need help where could we add those coins.
Only some players buy tickets with tokens for those rewards. Lets say: if you win 1 match with bought tickets you get 10x more coins for it and at loss you get 2x the normal amout of the win reward, i think so would some players buy tickets. Otherwise its just a useless option. And so it could be a good reward too.
There are some players who like to play live. There are not many options how to get people play live, if we add more reward (coins)/win to live, but i dont think that would be a long time solution.
Lets add those coins so, that after every 2400 increase in your rank, you get 9000 coins.
After unlocking what you need, only a few people play story. So we need something, that makes people to do story. The best would be, to get some more achievments for each campain area. Example: finish Abadoned Prison 50% get something, 75% get something, 100% get something.
IMO free players keep a game going, so there are 2 options: make fast money and close the game, or make money for long time. Thats why everything needs to be obtainable by free players, but they should spend much time to get it.
Now we are at so much light spent, that you will need incrased your maximum light. That means money for edgebbe. Free players have only to spend much more time.
How can you make more money of this game?
After a player has so 500 max.light, he wont spend much more on it. So how can we get this players to spend more? At this point this players know, that with time they will get the card what they need for free. The token cost of cards in shop (sry to say) are to expensive. So 10-15$ is what a player would pay for a card.
An other idea is with redrow: how can we get the players to use up theyr tokens on redrows, it isnt hard to say. Increase the chance to get an epic. I would add an other option too, lets say for 200 tokens at redrow if you get an epic, its a missing epic from your collection of that booster, or if you redrow an epic with this option, you get an epic for sure.
The next thing would be one of the hardest to program. Im a long time player, and im bored of how CM looks. With tokens you should be able to buy backgrounds for every „page” on the game, battlebackgrounds, you could add diferent cardframes…
And for last, what edgebee hates the most TRADE. But its the easyest way to make money. If you charge tokens for it, thats not such a bad thing.
First thing for sure, you need to be member for this option. How much to charge for a trade is what i dont know. I thinked of two ways of this (or both).
– You can trade only with bought tokens.
– The other is how much did you spent on this game. Lets say if you spent 10$ you can trade only once, 20$ twice, 50$ 5 times, 100$ once/week. (Both the seller and buyer must pay so 500 tokens.)
Or an other idea: “Trade in” option. Lets say you sacrafice 10 epics + 200 tokens and you get a random epic from a booster.
Some more things:
– If “colored” swarms can be made, then we would need cards for it. Lets make them just as Hydra (not my idea, but its good, lets make them just as unic useables).
To make live play more fun, you could add them to unlocks too, lets say win 100 games in soldier/ninja…
– Lets make samurai plate an unlock! What requires be Member.