After doing some deduction, I’ve found that every time I run this game, my memory winds up spiking to around the 350, 400k range. Just to compare, I’m able to run other 3d based browser games without huge memory spikes like that. It’s literally only this one that I’ve found. And it’s not like it’s a slow crawl upward. It starts out in the 350+ range and goes up from there.
While I get that Unity usually uses a lot of memory, this is also an idle game. There’s no rendering or anything like that happening here. In fact, I’m running another Unity based idle game and my memory’s steady at around 150k.
I’ll be honest. It seems really suspicious to me. It doesn’t make much sense as far as I’m concerned. I can’t imagine the calculations are that complex that they require that much memory to process. The only thing I can really think of is that it’s running another program in the background.