Topic: Anti-Idle: The Game /
Final Balancing - YOUR help is needed
I will give this a shot! I am +4, hoping to hit +5 in a week or so.
Early game (first 5~10 minutes)
1. I think the first few minutes were fine?
2. I vaguely remember being kinda confused by boosts and maybe idle mode.
3. I don't remember a boring wait, no.
4. I don't think the one minute wait is worth rebalancing free trees, but the other two options sound good.
5. Idlebot is always on. My stats for today are skewed but since I idle a lot I think progress bar is usually about 90% of my EXP and 80% of coin? That sounds rightish.
6. I think Progress Bar reward is pretty reasonable.
7. Speed limits seem reasonable, and reasonably priced, although that is hard to say since I had it maxed until you increased it recently, and I waited longer than I should have to buy speed when starting out.
8. That seems about right but you're redoing this anyway aren't you.
9. Temp Max Boost IS kinda complicated and I wouldn't be super sad to see it go. Temp Max Boost Depletion is fine except at really high levels where you eat random fruit, get the 1000% tmb, and lose it within a second. That's kinda frustrating.
10. Similarly, I don't hate Elite TMB but am not incredibly attached to it. It seems to dwindle faster than I would expect, I guess.
11. Boost Depletion seems pretty reasonable. At my level I only really need to worry about Progress because BA and Epic Skills keep the other two full. I autobuy Progress but the only other time I really worry about it at all is when I give boost in Adventures or something.
12. The basic ant sprayer is probably all that's really needed I think. I'm not sure how much it matters at my level but it's still satisfying to click.
13. Slightly faster boost depletion might be kinda fun so it feels like you're accomplishing something when it's maxed out, and you might have to anti-idle more to keep boost up. Or maybe set the auto-boost ceiling a bit lower so you're only ever REALLY full when you're active?
14. I think maybe I get 5% EXP and 10% Coin? I wish I wasn't guessing.
15. A bit more Coin could be useful.
16. I plant based on when I'm going AFK. It looks like Blue might actually be my most used.
17. Garden plot cost is fine, but maybe a bit high for the last couple.
18. I usually just sell Fertilizers rather than thinking about when to use them.
19. Another Garden seems fine for coin gain.
20. I plant in Another Garden based on my schedule, so I don't have a favorite.
21. I actually feel like breeding could take longer. I feel like I'm constantly having to go breed something new even though I have 70+ of pretty much every species. It's especially bad because I have a technical light set to alert me, and at its worse on a progress box binge.
22. Seed gain rate is fine I think, especially if breeding slowed down.
23. I don't think the longer seeds need a buff. If they're too weak for you, get on more often and plant shorter seeds.
24. Randomfruit is balanced well, I think, but like I said under boosts, it's disappointing to watch the max boost go to waste when you're eating a lot in hopes of insta-progress. Insta-progress is way better than the flat EXP, but I'm fine with that- it's random.
25. I wouldn't have noticed that Garden gives BC and GC without having been told a couple of times.
26. I don't see the point in areas like Polluted Sky that have almost the same enemies but anti-idling mechanisms. The quests are okay I guess but ehhhh.
27. Lrn2craft seems significantly better than basic at every level. Alien and Companion Cube stuff seems pretty weak relative to cost.
28. I don't see much use in the HP skills. I'm told that Learner and Money UP aren't that good.
29. I can't think of a single situation in which I'd want HP Regen. If I'm in a tough fight, I'll use health potion, and if I'm idling, I shouldn't be taking damage. Coin and Pixel don't attract me as much as Reward, and I don't see a need to bother with elements. I put a mix of pretty much everything else on my equips.
30. Equipment balance seems reasonable.
31. I think IA's are generally well balanced relative to their difficulty. I usually just equip whatever I'm trying to master, but if I wasn't, I'd be looking for things like Spawn/Epic/Drop rate, EXP, and attack power, rather than the active skills.
32. Loot drops are pretty good, although not very exciting at high levels when you don't really need stats or pixels or CM or more boost than you can get by idling.
33. Seeing more Unobtanium at high levels might be nice.
34. I don't usually bother with Collector's Pendant, so I guess that's a vote for it being weak.
35. I haven't really mined since that nerf a while back. I liked the balance of good drops and coins versus weaker EXP.
36. I don't like limiting mining- I'm the type of person who WILL stress over “suboptimal play” in a situation like that. I like this game partially because there are few of those types of scenarios. I don't find active mining any more boring than active grinding- maybe even less so because you get lots of cool drops. I usually just idle mine, though, which makes me even less pleased about the proposed plan.
37. How are the “special areas”? Are they well–balanced? Are their rewards good/appealing compared to their difficulty?
Dark Pyramid- Great
Defend Mission- Well balanced, but secret lab gets pretty boring.
The Special Arena- I didn't really try this until I was too high level for it.
THE MEGABOSS’s Revenge- Only tried it once.
Tower of DOOOOOOM- Seems decent.
Secret Dungeon- Good, but chests seem kinda weak, at least on casual.
The Corruption- Great.
Spooky Crypt- Not enough drops to keep it particularly interesting, but balance is fine I think.
Triangle Hideout- I can only beat a couple, but they were pretty rewarding, at least when there was a daily for it.
38. My Robacon does tons and tons of damage with Elite Grenades, even though I haven't leveled him up well. He can destroy things like Corruption and PHM. It can even get a bit frustrating because it activates before Nom even if I hold D.
39. It may be contradictory, but I simultaneously feel like I have no use for Pixels and like the last couple storage pages are way too expensive.
40. More Coin from Button would be nice.
41. A hair more BC might be good too, and I didn't even realize it gave GC.
42. I'm underwhelmed by the button shop, but now that I've maxed out my pet on buttons, I'm working on buying multiplier anyway.
43. Mystery Box prizes are great. I was excited the first time I realized I got them, which is far later in my career than I care to admit.
44. I don't pay much attention to Money Printer. I feel like 100 levels might be overwhelming for newbies because I remember feeling like maxing it out took a long time already.
45. Printer GC seems okay.
46. I think Arcade rewards are fine.
47. I'm great at Triangle Count, so I get great rewards.
48. I suck at Pong enough that I only play for quests or on days where I'm trying for a big prize.
49. Maybe make career exp gain less dependent on skill level, but if you want more exp and stuff....suck it up and improve or play a different feature.
50. I run out of tokens sometimes when I want to play Arcade a good amount or trade a bunch for medals- the rest of the time I waste a bunch. I like the idea of paying extra for increased rewards because a lot of the time I just want to play one or two games.
51. I think Unranked upgrades get a bit silly at medium to high levels, but maybe not for people who play more than I do. I feel that all that daily quest Triangle Count should still have gotten me farther than it did maybe.
52. I would only consider spending medals in the shop if my upgrades and pet were maxed out. I don't really care to spend resources on short-term boosts, but even accounting for that, the options seem pretty weak.
53. Stadium rewards are fine.
54. I prefer Simple Race- it's boring, but I can count on a win every time.
55. Betting is 4x now? If that's in addition to getting my bet back, it's no longer a waste of time I guess, but I'd rather do something more rewarding and fun. I hate betting, and would need better rewards to consider it.
56. Like with the other feature shops, I don't like buying short-term things over permanent boosts/pet experience. Death Match entry would be tempting if I played it more often, but it might be a bit pricey.
I don't pay enough attention to FCG rewards to comment intelligently.
62. Lolmarket is great for GC, as it should be.
63. I don't notice EXP gain, but I don't expect significant amounts, either.
64. Demand changes are fine.
65. Adventures XP seems reasonable.
66. I adventure in Titled Zone. It costs the most, so it must be the best, right?
67. Chase! Seems kinda lame even with max Stadium.
68. I give Energy Refill if I have it (unless I have the career active or a quest) and boost when I don't.
69. Selling Mega Fertilizer might be kinda weak but I do it anyway. It might be nice to see how many of each I have.
70. Darkruler is okay unless you're trading for BC or Unob. The failure rate is frustrating, so I don't bother. I'd rather have a higher success rate and lower payoff.
71. I wouldn't buy Energy Refill unless I desperately need it.
72. Rep for BC is a good trade but I feel bad doing it ;_;
73. Fishing EXP is good.
74. Fishing needs to give more coins- it has trouble paying for itself if you buy Skill, I think.
75. Treasure Boxes are good except I have more energy drinks and regular pet food than I could possibly ever want (unless I'm supposed to start idlefishing? I would think BA is better for idling but I wonder sometimes)
77. The few rods I have seem balanced enough.
78. I don't idlefish, so I've rarely come anywhere near the fatigue limit.
79. I think the skill increases are fine.
80. I like the milestones a lot, although they're more spaced out at high levels than I would prefer.
81. I feel strongly that fishing wait time should be shortened. Slash rewards or lower fatigue or something if you have to. It started as one of my favorite features but is rapidly becoming tedious and something I dread seeing in Random Quest.
82. Item Maker is pretty easy to level up, especially if you mine. Some of the more active features are pretty difficult, especially if you don't like them.
83. Fighter and Idler are pretty strong, and I constantly run them. Button, Adventurer, Card Player, and Racer seem kinda weak.
84. The max levels I have all seem good.
85. EXP Trading rewards tend to disappoint me. I don't really need this many Career Potions.
86. I use coins for careers most of the time, and then Mega Career when I know I'm about to do something I have trouble leveling up and/or dislike. And sometimes I'll get bored and just see if I can Random something fun.
87. I vastly prefer Mega to Random. Random would be great if it wasn't....random, but some way to provide a blessing to a specific career for a short time would be nice.
88. I'm still getting the hang of Business. I think I will wind up going Item Maker or Idler a lot.
89. Looking at rewards, they're better than I realized. LOLMarket and Pet Trainer are still kinda meh, though, and Fisher rewards kinda seem like things you don't need by the time you can get them.
90. EXP/Coin gain from Business seems decent, maybe a bit weak unless I just suck at Business which is possible.
91. Career EXP from Business is good, but I've never actually needed the EXP for anything by the time I turned it in. Buff the Career EXP rewards and I'll be a happy camper.
92. I think keeping the pet alive is pretty reasonable. Maybe tough if you get it ASAP, though. At my level it's neither easy nor hard.
93. I feel that bacon is way easier to get than the other foods, and isn't something that you desperately need for the feature itself (as opposed to things like FCG Cash and Arcade Medals). That said, I would be pretty upset if its use was limited- I think the current system is fine.
94. ….The pet boosts progress bar? Cool!
95. I think Pet gives reasonable feature EXP.
96. I buy Progress Boxes in bulk, although one of these days I might buy some Legendaries. I'll pick up Legendary Boxes with tokens when I can, and if I have some extras I'll often buy Explosion or Awesome from Special Shop. …..I just realized that I can buy Supply Crates, so now I'm pondering that. Still will probably take bulk Progress over that, though.
97. Explosion: Insta-Progress and BC are fun. Anything that's not Enchanted Leather, really.
Gambler: BC and Legendary Boxes are good but not worth the fail chance.
Pixelated: I look forward to being done opening them. Stats will be great if I rebirth, I guess, but the vast majority of prizes have been pretty sucky for a long, long time.
Legendary: Any of the idle-y type cards. And 1.5xEXP.
Attendance: Insta-Progess and 1.5EXP. Event Tokens would be great if you got more of them.
Awesome: Arcade Blessing and Explosion Crates.
Chaos: I am missing most of the better rewards but Golden Box is nice and I gotta get chaotic fragments somewhere I guess.
98. Pixelated and Gambler Boxes seem pretty weak to me, so I have little interest in buying them at this or any price. Supply Crate might be a bit much. Progress Box nerfs have made me sad but they're probably fair.
99. Cards seem fine, although obviously the idle-y ones are more desirable than the active feature ones for anybody but the most dedicated.
100. I've cut it pretty close on cards, but between Activate All and buying Legendary Boxes from Special Shop, I've yet to run out.
101. I think that if Random Quests increase in difficulty as you do more in a day, they should also increase in reward. I'd also like a few more options for gaining quest and event tokens.
104. I like the Money Printer perk for sure, because my strategy is usually to hang around until I hit 95kBC and then have a crazy rush with progress boxes and randomfruit and instaprogress and EXP/Coin cards. I suspect Max Boost and Progress Bar are good choices as well.
105. I don't see much point in Career EXP or Boost Depletion. YC/GC/BC would impress me more if the BC boost was better- how often do I really gain 10+ BC at once for a 1.1x to mean anything?
106. It's hard to argue against progress and EXP boosts as the strongest, at least for medium perks.
107. The Fatigue and idle catch perks are pretty much useless to me, but maybe if I idlefished they wouldn't be? Ants, Purple Buttons, and especially seed breeding seem like they won't really matter by the time I unlock them, and might not even now.
108. I would need waaaayyyyyy more quest tokens to consider trading in temp perk points. That might change if I get to the point where ascensions only last a few days, but at +4, that offer seems almost insulting.
109. All I know to do is to save progress boxes and randomfruit, but I'm too impatient to do that, and it doesn't seem imbalanced anyway.
Thanks for this game! I hope I have been helpful somehow >_>