Topic: General Gaming /
Idle Recruit Secret Medals
Firstly,------------------------ :P !SPOILERS! :P ------------------------
UPDATE: In the event that new secrets are added, I won't be reading comments on this thread unless I get stuck. This is because I like discovering them for myself and want to avoid spoilers.
Whew, okay, here we go - here is my attempt at trying to get all the secret achievement awards from CHARLESing's 'Idle Recruit' answers in one place.
You can find the game here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/CHARLESing/idle-recruit
Password: YOU CAN DOO EET
I've noticed a lot of people struggling with these, and the answers tend to crop up for only 1 or a few secrets in comments on the game. I do not consider this thread as cheating or spoilers, but as a last resort for people like myself who simply can't get the last few, or are not understanding a reference/are not sure how to work it out. I decided to make this because I thought, 'Hey, I'm part of the problem!' when I kept trying to look up the answers and was getting frustrated at not finding any.
- I had to make this from memory and the completed achievements I have now. The appearance and names of them change dramatically sometimes upon earning them, so you may have to do a little mental translating as you read them!
- Speaking of appearances, the 'How To's' of some of these achievements may be altered if the developer alters the UI etc. If this is the case you may have to do some hunting/ask in the comments if you just can't find it at all.
- I made this after what I felt was a thorough search for similar topics on Kong and elsewhere, so I
thoroughly apologise if this has been done before/better before.
- If it appears that I am over-explaining something, then please don't take it as dumbing-down. I do this so that those that may not get a reference for any reason, or the answer hasn't 'clicked' with them, can see the processes behind working it out.
- Last but not least, this thread is in no way affiliated with the developer CHARLESing. I felt it
would be a lot fairer on them to just make this without input so that they don't have any waffle to deal with, and that if something is wrong with the answers then it will purely be my fault.
These are not in order, they are only numbered so I can keep track.
1. Cl|ck |t
- At the very top of the screen, click one of the lines separating options. Eg. Between: Credits | Reset Boosts
- You need to type in (not including ' marks) 'MERSHED' (This is from a meme, you're basically saying 'Oh my god, mashed potatoes' :D )
3. Cool Cursor Bro
- Enable the cursor in the options menu if you haven't already. Reload the page, and during the pre-loader (the page where it says 'start muted' etc.) and go to town on wiggling the mouse around for a while. Unsure of duration, just go crazy :) You will not know if you've earned this medal until you load the game
4. User Submissions are Cool
- You now do not necessarily have to directly contribute a recruit to the game, simply click 'Suggest a Recruit, Earn Free Multiplier!' at the top of the screen, then click 'Click for Free Medal' at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
5. Kongregate Bonus
- Simply play the game on Kongregate.
6. Blombo/what's on his head
- Looking up the characters name will give you images of someone wearing headphones :) (I can't remember the exact spelling requirement for this, so play around with it if (without ' marks) 'headphones' doesn't work)
7. No Cheating!
- You need to type in (without ' marks) 'sv_cheats 1'
8. It's all over CHARLESing's profile
- Looking at their Kong profile you may notice that a date frequently appears. You need to type it in exactly as you see it, Eg. (without ' marks) 'Jun. 16, 2011' It is important to notice that there is spacing between JunDOT 16COMMA 2011
9. CHARLESing's First Comment
- You need to type in (without ' marks) '#YOLT'
- Check out the game news by clicking the little waving guy in the bottom-right corner (the one you can customise with your hats)
11. Badger Badger
- You need to type in (without ' marks) : 'mushroom'
12. Looking good
- You need to claim a profile pic by going to the 'Hats' tab and clicking 'Claim Free Avatar!' under the 'Claim Free Hat' button. Don't worry, you don't have to use/apply it in order to get the medal, just claim it.
13. Name the very first sub
- Thanks to preske for reminding me of the original title.You find this out by finding CHARLESing's recruit submission on Kongregate. You need to type in (without ' marks) and there is NO space between the heart, for some reason it messes with the formatting when I put the < and the 3 together: 'I < 3 Free Stuff'
14. Just Looking
- If you didn't manually do the above, simply look at the user content for the game. (On the side panel: Click the GAME tab next to the CHAT tab, it should be the second box down)
15. Look at the Credits
- I can't remember the original name of this achievement, so simply look at the credits which you will find in the menus at the very top of the screen.
- It's possible you will have this already just by playing the game, if not, you need to complete the tutorial. If you closed it upon joining, just click the question mark in the top left-hand corner.
17. Typed Max Characters
- Can't remember original name, so simply just fill in the text field where you would guess a recruits name. (I just held down a letter 'til I got it ;) ) NOTE: You MUST hit return for it to register this medal, thankyou Slothrop for identifying and providing this neccessity.
18. Linux Command
- You need to type in (without ' marks) 'rm -rf /'
19. Hey there Jimmy Junior
- Thanks goes to 1337al for contributing this one: You need to type in (without ' marks) 'tina'
20. Don't do it
- Thanks goes to 1337al for contributing this one as well: You need to type in the number one Eg. (without ' marks) '1' As you will see this is a humorous continuation from 'Promised to rate 5 stars' It all makes sense now! ;)
21. Check the .sol file
- Thanks to 1337al for giving the proper wording of this one. If you cannot locate the .sol file, and it's highly recommended that you do for backing up your saves (I
recommend this Kong thread, this is where I first learnt where to find them :)
) then you need to type in, (without ' marks): 'moremoneymoreproblems.sol'
22. It'll save your life someday!
- Thanks to lczagas for contributing this one. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'hamboning' This is a meme/reference that I just wasn't getting, so I went to look it up. Hamboning is, of course, the art of using ones body to create music (usually through slapping, thumping) but the 'It'll save your life someday!' references this: (I had never heard of this before, but I recommend the video, it gave me the giggles) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjoxo8ONw3Y
23. Spent 5 Hours Debugging
- Thanks to kernschatten for reminding me that I had missed this one - You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'break' The reason for this secret is quite funny (in a sad way) so have a read of its description after you've earned it ;)
24. Tina Tina Tiny Tina -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'tina the talking tabby'
25. This is 69 in binary -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) '1000101'
26. Jackmerius _ -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'tacktheritrix' (This was a pig to type in ;P If you're struggling, I found it easier to remember by breaking it down as tack the ritrix)
27. Is this the Krusty Krab? -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'no this is patrick'
28. But I'm not a rapper -
Thanks to 1337al for helping me work this out, they pretty much had the answer, only the spelling needed playing with :) - You need to type in (without ' marks) 'supa hot fire'
29. November 22, 2012, NFL play -
Thanks goes to Crazyross for not only PMing me the answer to this one, but for providing an explanatory link as well. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'butt fumble' Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butt_fumble
30. Subliminal Messaging -
Thanks goes to Chendler for giving me the exact wording on this one. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'five'
31. It's Over _! -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) '9000'
32. Last Pokemon Game I Played -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'silver'
33. Lafawnduh's Husband -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'kip'
34. In an Idle Recruit Forum Post -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'YOU CAN DOO EET' (This is my Idle Recruit claim to fame! ;D Seriously though, I want to thank everyone for their contributions, direct or otherwise, as you've made this possible. And of course thanks to CHARLESing for the honour! Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ2HcRl4wSk
35. Dev's Current Car -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'prius'
36. My Favourite Website Sorry Kong -
Thanks goes to 2wizard for getting this one. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'imgur'
37. Red Pill or Blue Pill -
You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'red' NOTE: You could also type 'blue' (Thanks to Toa_of_Pi for letting me know that either works)
38. Blue, Rings, Fast (Not Sonic) -
Thanks to TailsTheFox12 for this one. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'dankey kang'
39. My Favourite Kongpanion -
Thanks again to TailsTheFox12. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'jack'
40. My Current Body Temp 1 Decimal -
Thanks again to TailsTheFox12. You need to type in, (without ' marks) '99.1'
41. The 1st Game I Played on Kong -
Thanks to iMMUNK for this one. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'fantasy online'
42. My Favourite SSB Movie -
Thanks to Lloyd_Majere for this answer. You need to type in, (without ' marks) 'the knee' (I am not familiar with this, but according to the contributor it refers to: 'Captain Falcon's forward air')
Feel free to contribute in the comments. I can't promise I'll see them but if I do and it seems legit, I'll add it. I must add, that to save space, only the first person who provided the asnwer will be credited. I'm sorry if this seems unfair, but I hope you'll understand. I also want to take this space to thank you if you weren't credited. Everyone's input is greatly appreciated, wether or not it provides an answer.