Topic: Forum Games /
[Competition] [Signups/Game 1] Rock, Paper, Scissors
Welcome to Rock, Paper, Scissors
This tournament brings back the old game of choosing between rock, paper and scissors when choosing to do an action, or getting an advantage in doing actions. In this competition, players will be competing in the method of rock, paper and scissors. Unlike other randomizers, this will involve using the skill of players. Good luck, and have fun playing.
Method and Guidelines
1. Sign-ups will be created and will be open in a period of 6 days. Sign-ups will open on April 24th and end on April 30th. 8 players will be needed to begin the tournament.
a. In the event that there are more than 8 signs, signs are still allowed before the deadline. In the event that there are less than 8 signs, sign-ups will still open until 8 players have been reached. OP may start even if there are less than 8 sign-ups.
b. To sign-up in the thread, no proper format will be followed. Any form of Sign post, picture, text and link is allowed. They will each be given a sign number.
c. Players may sign-up using a reserve sign. Any person who resigns during the tournament will be replaced by the first reserve sign. Players who reserve will be automatically signed for the next match.
2. Tournament will be conducted using a bracket method. Placement of a match between two players will be conducted using an online randomizer. If a player leaves during the placement, a reserve sign may replace the player.
3. Once placement has been started, each player must battle their counterpart in a round. If a round is starting, it will be posted to the thread. Results of the last round will be posted at the beginning of the next round.
4. To battle, players must private message the OP with 5 entries choosing between Rock, Paper and Scissors. Winning grants 1 point, the one who gets the most points wins. Ties will not give points. First to win 4 rounds wins the match and proceeds to the next bracket match. Battles are conducted through a period of 3 days, meaning that you have 3 days during a battle to PM your entries.
a. In the event that the opposing player is unable to post for that round, you are automatically considered the winner for the current round. In the event that you are unable to post, you will lose for the current round.
b. If there is a tie of points between the 5 entries, the round will extend for 2 more days which is to be announced. Same procedure will happen, and will extend until a winner has been selected.
5. Those who lose against another player are eliminated. Elimination continues until 2 are still remaining. Losers of semi-finals may battle for 3rd place.
1. Players must follow the correct guidelines stated in the post above. Failing to do so may result in a round loss and can be increased or decreased according to circumstances.
2. Players must follow the Forum Guidelines
3. Players may only have one account at a time. No alternative, second or duplicate accounts also known as “alts”. Collaborations with each other are prohibited. Players who use “alts” when signing are rejected.
4. If you’re unable to continue playing and/or want to forfeit in the current match, please send me a PM. You will be removed from the match, and will not be allowed to re-enter. Other players may substitute for your position when they are reserves and not “alts”. Once the current game ends, you can join a new one.
5. Failure to private message your answer before the deadline will result in a round loss as stated in the guidelines. If all but players fail to private message, similar circumstances may happen to guideline 4B.
6. If I have an error in your entries, please private message me in a respectful maner. Once I have confirmed my mistake, it will be adjusted accordingly.
7. If you win, you will gain an FGF-win. It will be posted accordingly in the said thread to be confirmed. Winning by the opposing player resigning or being inactive will result in not getting an FGF-win.
Thank you for reading!