Recent posts by bobby71983 on Kongregate

Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate / Petition: Allow name changes

The broken links is not a reason to refrain from doing it. Redirecting is easy enough, it’s just that I think you should be accountable for the name you chose. That is your identity on that account. Put thought into your username.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Why do you think man clings to the idea of GOD?

Originally posted by Ubervierte:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Atheists need an excuse for the bad things that they do in life. It’s a crutch. It makes you lazy. Atheism makes you dumber.

Fixed

No, because Atheism does not control the decisions I make in life. People who believe in god are heavily influenced by religion in the decisions they make.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Youtube Gaming is doomed lol

Originally posted by mysticvortex13:
Originally posted by bobby71983:
Originally posted by Ubervierte:

Watching people play is the stupidest idea that came out of the video game industry yet. Just buy the game instead of watching some guy play. If you have no money do something better like watch sports on cable.

I have watched lets players for a long time. It’s basically just like watching reaction videos, only longer. It is entertainment. Most of the games I see people play are games I have already played myself, or are for modern consoles that I wont buy anyway. I never watch an LP of a game I intend to play myself, so I never get spoilers. For instance, I played Persona 4 before I ever watched an LP of it. I have now watched at least 15 people do a full playthrough of the game with commentary. It’s just interesting to see how different people react to things.

I find things like sports to be kinda boring most of the time, and TV in general is boring to me. I’ve moved away from the TV era. The only reason I even still have a TV is because it’s not taking up much space and isn’t in the way. I don’t even have cable anymore, because for me it serves no further purpose.

why do you even care about spoilers? also, there’s some aspects of certain games you’ll never figure out by just playing the game.

look at the jewel sword room in castlevania: symphony of the night. nobody would think to pass back through the tunnel that gave them the pot roast early in the game using both of alucard’s animal transformations in a specific order…

the only reason you dont decide you’ve found everything is because the map data says you only explored 98% of the castle.

Because I don’t want to be spoiled?

I only watch games I am done playing, or will never play. If it so happens that the LPer found something I never found, it’s fine, because I was never going to find it anyway because I was done playing that game.

Like right now I’m watching someone play Dragonball Xenoverse. Never gonna play it, so couldnt give a crap if I am spoiled. I wont watch a Persona 5 LP though, because I intend to play it myself.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Why do you think man clings to the idea of GOD?

They need an excuse for the bad things that happen to them in life. It’s a crutch. It makes you lazy. Religion makes you dumber.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Youtube Gaming is doomed lol

Originally posted by Ubervierte:

Watching people play is the stupidest idea that came out of the video game industry yet. Just buy the game instead of watching some guy play. If you have no money do something better like watch sports on cable.

I have watched lets players for a long time. It’s basically just like watching reaction videos, only longer. It is entertainment. Most of the games I see people play are games I have already played myself, or are for modern consoles that I wont buy anyway. I never watch an LP of a game I intend to play myself, so I never get spoilers. For instance, I played Persona 4 before I ever watched an LP of it. I have now watched at least 15 people do a full playthrough of the game with commentary. It’s just interesting to see how different people react to things.

I find things like sports to be kinda boring most of the time, and TV in general is boring to me. I’ve moved away from the TV era. The only reason I even still have a TV is because it’s not taking up much space and isn’t in the way. I don’t even have cable anymore, because for me it serves no further purpose.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate / strong arm tactic to get us to kong plus

Yes, there is some selfishness in it. Not gonna break down all of your posts because it’s all more or less repeating the same kinds of things. All of which you are absolutely right about.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Thoughts on abortion?

Abortion should not only be legal and encouraged in every hospital in the country, but it should be required in certain special situations. Just because a woman has sex, does not mean she is a capable mother.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate / strong arm tactic to get us to kong plus

Originally posted by Lloyd_Majere:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

I wont pay money just to support someone. That is what charities are for, and kongregate is not a charity.

Wow. I feel bad for any free service you ever use. Disgusting.

I am not shy about paying for premium services. I’ve bought kreds before, and bought numerous premium memberships on other free sites over the years. An example of a site that does premium well is pogo. You CAN play for free, but you get so much more from premium that it’s actually worth buying. I bought membership there in the past, and didnt regret it.

It’s just that if I am spending money, I have a certain expectation to get more than a free user gets. When I bought kreds, I was getting something for it. A clear benefit. I had an advantage that I could enjoy in certain games. I paid for something that I could have gotten for free(albeit slower) because I deemed it worth the value.

I dont think it’s wrong to have an expectation of advantages if I am spending money. If I was going to spend $30 on this site, I would buy $30 more of kreds. You dont have to like that opinion, but to call it disgusting is a bit questionable on your end.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate / strong arm tactic to get us to kong plus

I wont pay money just to support someone. That is what charities are for, and kongregate is not a charity.

So yeah, call it freeloading. I guess I’ll be a freeloader, but if I am to spend money, offer me something.

I have played a lot of games and been on a lot of sites that offer monthly/yearly packages, and kong+ is in contention for the worst value I have seen anywhere on the internet. If you are making money from people who just want to support you, then hey, good on you, but I’ll just keep using ad block and not feel bad about it.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Kongregate / strong arm tactic to get us to kong plus

Ads ruin the internet now. I support the use of adblock on every single site. Even as little as 10 years ago, I remember not having ad blocker then, and ads were not intrusive. They were there, but not in the way. I just accepted it. Now they are too big, too flashy, and too disruptive. A good ad is something you can totally forget is even there, but you can still see on the sides of the screen. It’s not flashing or making any kind of noise, it’s just an image. A bad ad makes someone want to download adblock.

Like, if k+ was a lot cheaper and had more features, I’d totally buy it just because why not, I have the money. But it’s not worth it’s current asking price. If the main selling point of a feature is to disable ads, then your service is quite behind the times. I can already do that for free.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / How make someone be friend again?

Originally posted by 15man:
Originally posted by Holy2334:
Originally posted by 15man:

show them your boobs

That won’t work.

i’d work for me
if coco showed me her boobs i would be her freinds
i would even go out and buy us freindship rings

Let me know if that pick up line works.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Racism...what do you think of it?

Originally posted by StOtS:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Stots, because not liking something doesnt mean I think its inferior. This is the ignorance I mentioned. People with your belief are part of the problem imo.

You, like many others, throw the word around so easily and hatefully. Racist should mean someone who doesnt think everyone is equal. If I just dont like latinos, for example, and prefer to not be around them, then that is perfectly acceptable. If I am demanding that they go back to their own country because they dont deserve to be Americans, thats racism.

Learn the difference.

congratulations, you missed the point lol

people like you are the problem imo

Nope, got your point. It’s essentially the same excuse most people use. “If you don’t love every race equally, you are racist”. The word you shouldn’t be using is racist, but prejudice. To call someone racist means you think they are full of hate and are a terrible person. To call someone prejudice basically just means that you think they are ignorant. To not like a race for a random reason is probably ignorance. Call it freaking ignorance, but stop being so quick to play the race card. It’s just you spewing hate.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Mental illnesses aren't real

Originally posted by Kuzco12:
Originally posted by Ubervierte:

Your brain isn’t real.

1. Mental illness is, as it states, mental. It has to do with your mind, not your soul. Nevertheless, how does this prove that mental illness isn’t real?


2. Religion “benefits” many fat bastards who get rich out of believers, so it is a fabrication. Practise what you preach, extortion is not bound by form. Also, pills do not cure, unfortunately. I’ve seen too many of their effects, they just make you more like a vegetable in order to avoid violent outbursts, whether the patient has exhibited violent behaviour in the past or not.


3. It sort of does. Psychology is about the most common outcomes. It studies the majorities, and dedicates different studies for the minorities. However, you think what you think, noone forces a thought in your head. Essentially, you have free will.


I know 2 kids with autism, and 1 I suspect might have some sort of mental illness. All 3 of them are the kindest, warmest people
I’ve ever met. 1 of the autistic kids showed suprising understanding in human emotions and concepts, which most normal humans I know would have trouble conceiving, and the other one is the most intelligent 12 year old I’ve met in my life. Tall yet not fat, he only has a little trouble with socializing. Other than that, he is normal.

Autism is different. With autism, something about the brain is actually different than a normal person. I wouldnt even call autism a mental illness. It’s more of a brain disorder. It’s just as physical as a broken knee, it’s just that the brain is many many many times more sensitive and complicated than the rest of the body, and the brain is still not fully understood yet.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Mental illnesses aren't real

Originally posted by dias17se:
Originally posted by bobby71983:
Originally posted by dias17se:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Mental illness is real, it’s just that you cant cure mental illness with drugs, so when the drugs often dont seem to help, thats why.

Mental illness requires actual hands on help, which is of course asking way too much from a medical professional.

Are you saying drugs are useless ? Pharmaceutical companies have millions invested in tests, i dont think you have any facts to support that.

Drugs can make you dependent on the drug to be able to function. You can be on a medication for 50 years and never actually be cured of whatever it was. Thats why its such a profitable business, because they get plenty of reoccurring customers.

They dont cure you, they just give you relief, so what I said is true. Plus almost all drugs have negative side effects that you just have to deal with. People take them because they feel they have no other choice. It’s borderline extortion.

If they help even a bit, they aren´t that useless.

useless is your word, not mine.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Mental illnesses aren't real

Originally posted by dias17se:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Mental illness is real, it’s just that you cant cure mental illness with drugs, so when the drugs often dont seem to help, thats why.

Mental illness requires actual hands on help, which is of course asking way too much from a medical professional.

Are you saying drugs are useless ? Pharmaceutical companies have millions invested in tests, i dont think you have any facts to support that.

Drugs can make you dependent on the drug to be able to function. You can be on a medication for 50 years and never actually be cured of whatever it was. Thats why its such a profitable business, because they get plenty of reoccurring customers.

They dont cure you, they just give you relief, so what I said is true. Plus almost all drugs have negative side effects that you just have to deal with. People take them because they feel they have no other choice. It’s borderline extortion.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / If women are paid 30 cents less than men on the dollar

Originally posted by dias17se:
Originally posted by V0idGuard:

Because the wage gap is a commonly misinterpreted statistic and only really used in arguments where both parties have no clue what they’re actually talking about.

Women and men are going to earn just about the same pay for the same job. It’s just men are more likely to take higher paying jobs than women. This of course throws everything out of whack because the “gender wage gap” statistic takes money the genders earn in general, instead of the differences between what women and men earn in the same field.

Not true, look at the main actors in the new Jurassic movie, the dude won 10 million, but the woman made 8 million, there´s obviously a discrepancy.

Women are worse negotiators. They will say “Deal!” quicker than a man would.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / VforVendetta appreciation thread

He is just some admins alt.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Mental illnesses aren't real

Mental illness is real, it’s just that you cant cure mental illness with drugs, so when the drugs often dont seem to help, thats why.

Mental illness requires actual hands on help, which is of course asking way too much from a medical professional.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / What do you think of feminism?

Women pretty much have everything men have that is general neutral. They will always have certain advantages that men dont have, and vice versa. Nothing can change that. True equality is impossible.

Equality has already been reached. Feminism now is nothing more than selfishness on the part of the woman engaged in it.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Racism...what do you think of it?

Originally posted by burntfires22:
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Stots, because not liking something doesnt mean I think its inferior. This is the ignorance I mentioned. People with your belief are part of the problem imo.

You, like many others, throw the word around so easily and hatefully. Racist should mean someone who doesnt think everyone is equal. If I just dont like latinos, for example, and prefer to not be around them, then that is perfectly acceptable. If I am demanding that they go back to their own country because they dont deserve to be Americans, thats racism.

Learn the difference.

I guess it doesn’t really make a lot of sense to dislike an entire race of people just because they’re latinos, or whatever. I’m honestly not sure how someone could come to that conclusion. Sure, if it’s just one person who happens to be latino, it’s perfectly fine. I just don’t see how it’s acceptable to dislike an entire race, since there aren’t any real reasons for it..

There is always a reason to hate anything.

Just might not be a very popular reason. As an example, maybe someone does not like their culture, or just hate the spanish languages in general? To most, thats probably a lame reason to hate someone, but thats all it is, hate. Hate is not racism, but racism is hate.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Racism...what do you think of it?

Originally posted by Immortal7777:

I don’t like sausage pizza therefore I must believe that it is inferior and shouldn’t exist?

sausage pizzaist.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / How to fight the 2 party system: tips for 2016

I’m not a registered voter.

If the other 300 million people followed my lead, the system would change.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Should the TSA work in trains?

The TSA has never stopped a single terrorist attack, waste of resources.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Racism...what do you think of it?

Stots, because not liking something doesnt mean I think its inferior. This is the ignorance I mentioned. People with your belief are part of the problem imo.

You, like many others, throw the word around so easily and hatefully. Racist should mean someone who doesnt think everyone is equal. If I just dont like latinos, for example, and prefer to not be around them, then that is perfectly acceptable. If I am demanding that they go back to their own country because they dont deserve to be Americans, thats racism.

Learn the difference.

 
Flag Post

Topic: Off-topic / Racism...what do you think of it?

Not liking another race doesnt make you racist. Thinking another race is inferior to you makes you racist.

The first one is easily defensible, the second one is not. A true racist is a terrible person.

The problem is, most people are ignorant and think a racist is the first one.