My name is David O’Boyle, sometimes known as D. W. O’Boyle, and on here as Intraman. But you can call me Dave. Everyone calls me that. I’m a musician and sound designer currently living in Seattle looking for some paid work.
- Shooter Level B:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/Sky%20Hounds%20-%2004%20-%20Stage%20B.mp3 – This is from my most recent game project.
- Lackadaisy Knights:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/DWOBoyle-LackadaisyKnights.mp3 – This piece was written for a group of Turks-like (as in from FF7) characters.
- 8-Bit Outro Theme:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/DMG%20Outro.wav – Just something I wrote for a little vlog series I do on Youtube.
- Path to the Arcane:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/DWOBoyle-Path%20To%20The%20Arcane.mp3 – Wrote this to one day be performed by real instruments.
- Atonal Piano Theme:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/DWOBoyle-AtonalStudy-Piano.mp3 – A piece from what I was in college. I’m rather found of it.
- Other Examples on SoundCloud:https://soundcloud.com/dwoboyle
Sound Effect Examples:
- Sci-Fi Machine Gun:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/Mega%20Blaster%20Sample.mp3
- Snes-styled Menu accept:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/Menu%20Interface%20-%20Confirm%20004.wav
- Heavy Rainfall:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59411365/Ambiance-Heavy_Rain.wav
I have been working on various projects since I was about 15 (that’s nearly 12 years,) and always attempt to bring curious enthusiasm to projects. I ask questions and really like to get involved as much as I’m allowed. Need a town theme? I’ll be sure to ask about the life styles of residents, the role it has in the story, what do they eat, and other things to ensure that I can capture the feel of the place the best I can. The goal of music in video games is to communicate to the audience what can’t be done through text, dialogue, or gameplay.
Style-wise I tend to focus on a mixture of electronic, rock, orchestral, and jazz. I am proficient with 8-bit music as well. I really enjoy working in ambient, noise, and other “experimental” genres.
When it comes to sound effects I create them using digital instruments, self recordings, and if need be from sound effect libraries. I usually strive for all original sounds, but sometimes that’s not possible.
I take my work seriously, but I am generally a fun-loving and sarcastic person. In groups I tend to be diplomatic and approachable.
- Bachelor’s of Music – Five Towns College, 2011.
- Associate’s of Music – Bergen Community College, 2008.
- Nearly 15 years of working with Digital Music.
- ProTools 9.
- Fl Studio 9.
- Reason 4.
- Sibelius 6.
Contact Info and Compensation:
Please contact me through PM or this thread. All payment is negotiable depending on the scope of the project. Paid work is, of course, preferred.
Thank You for your time!