Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games /
[Clash of the Dragons] Brawl (mostly) questions
Hello, I have a few questions concerning brawling and levelling.
1) This is based on empirical evidence for me, but it seems the Brawl rewards are dependent at least on no player on the group dying. (I have never gotten anything good when we left one of the party members on the field) Is it also dependent on the number of turns it takes to win, the number of cards depleted etc.?
I have gotten a Berzerker’s Fury on the one time when I got in a NM Lurking Horror brawl with several high-level teammates which made mincemeat of the thing in short order, but I am not having nearly as much success with players around my own level or AI-assistance, even when we all survive. Is there a formula available somewhere?
2) Speaking of which, are the rewards the same when using AI-assistance? I have built a nice, functional BoG – Torment lock deck which works just fine most of the time as long as I use AI-assist, because 3 of my Kongregate friends (or are they Facebook friends? No idea, but I only play on Kongregate) have left the game shortly after trying it but are still available in the Army panel, and when controlled by the AI, will play using a copy of my deck.
As long as I use that strategy, I can beat NM Orc Warlord, NM Crimson Courtesan and even try my luck at NM Black Knight without too much trouble, whereas multiplayer NM attempts are much more volatile due to the varying power level of my teammates and the fact we can not plan strategy beforehand. I have yet to gain anything out of it – will I ever? or am I better off forgetting that for now and concentrating on quests?
3) I am at level 125, a free player (Pyrelord / Assassin). I am currently on Z5 (and having a somewhat rough time of it) and I’m looking to build myself a cycle (hence why I need to do those NM brawls). Am I better off keeping my SP for my 3rd potion duplication, for my 3rd NPC duplication, or should I spend SPs to open access to Sentinel, in order to avail myself of Flower of Chivalry and build myself a better non-cycling deck first?
4) My only epic is the Spellcatcher. It is very nice indeed, but I do not have a finisher to combine it with, to my dismay. What is the easier way to get anything remotely resembling what those Z2 mages use? That would go a long way towards making my life easier…
5) I, as a general rule, dislike clans. I do not want to feel like I have an obligation to be playing at certain times or to keep playing when I feel it is time to let go of the game, and I certainly do not want to feel pressure to upgrade my deck. Are the clan brawls rewards worth the hassle?
Thank you for your attention.