Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games /
[8BitMMO (Construction Sandbox)] Some suggestions/bugs
Here’s some suggestions I’ve found throughout my experience through playing.
1. I’ve seen people complaining that people join their town and steal blocks. Simple solution: If a citizen picks up a block, the block will be returned to the owner’s inventory. That way there’s no desire to go into a town and steal everything.
2. A click and drag option for blocks. When placing a block, click, and whichever way your mouse goes, it will create a line of blocks. I can see this saving a lot of time.
3. An ignore feature. If there is a certain player is being really annoying you can just type /ignore <username> and their posts will be hidden from YOUR chat box.
4. Community Mod recognition. I believe there should be some way to tell who is and isn’t a community mod. I’m not sure how to accomplish this but some players seem to be resilient when they are told that someone is a mod.
5. When I’m playing the game through kongregate, the game doesn’t seem to fit my screen. I have a pretty good sized screen and it’s at the point where I can’t see the text on top showing how much gold I have, etc. Or I can’t see the bottom part of the screen where it shows the chat.
6. I would like to see a feature where you can raise your town stone. I know at the moment you aren’t allowed to move the stone…that’s perfectly fine with me but would it be possible to simply move it up or down? My stone is surrounded my blocks and when people do the /towntele they get stuck and the only way out is to go down. I can show you this if you need to see it first hand.
7. Like you’ve probably heard, a lot of people would like to see more options when it comes to blocks. I’ve heard people want the option to have water and lava (for grim’s epic volano)
8. I think a reward for how long you’ve been playing would be nice. A simple reward of 1 plat after a month and a reward of 2 plats after 2 months. Just as a thank you for playing the game.
9. As you’ve heard a different variety of enemies would be very nice as well. Maybe they can require 2 hits to kill instead of 1.
Here’s a list of the bugs I’ve found.
1. Sometimes when you’re placing a block it takes the place of a block you just placed. The only way to retrieve the block is to remove the one you just placed…twice. I know you can put a block in a block by holding shift and that’s a good feature. It’s just annoying when it happens accidentally.
2. There’s rare moments where you’ll be trying to create a plot of grass or road and there will be dark black lines around 1 block like it’s not connected right. You can remove the lines by waving a block over it and it’ll seem to be fine. However, the moment you leave the area and come back it’ll reappear. This isn’t a huge issue but it can make things look less smooth at times.
3. Sometimes when you kill a lawyer cat, the coins will actually stack on top of each other and one coin will seem as if it’s above you when you walk on it. I think coins should be limited to drop on the lowest level possible.
4. If you read a sign while running you end up with the running animation but you won’t be moving.
5. Someone placed swords all over the starting area. It makes it look a bit cluttered and unprofessional.
6. As you already know player names are hard to read. Maybe you can place a white background behind the text to make it stand out more. Or outline the black text with white.
7. I no longer think it’s possible to enter the pit in the tutorial. Someone blocked it off and it’s now unreachable.
That seems to be it for now. If I can think/find anything else I’ll be sure to post them. Keep up the good work robby.