Topic: Kongregate Multiplayer Games /
[I AM PLAYR] What a MASSIVE Disappointment the upgrade has been
Hey peeps Sal A here speaking on behalf of The WeRInteractive Team,
Just catching up on forums after a few days of being busy on other things…I understand your concerns about bugs and the forums themselves, so hopefully I can address a few points:
1) Forums really aren’t the best place to get issues looked at directly by us as we have a small team covering support for all platforms. Devs are busy developing and fixing therefore can’t be present that often. We simply don’t have the person-power to check forums and chat on Kong 24/7 as well as Facebook and other areas. I’m usually the one in chat under this account, and I try and log in every day Monday-Friday UK working hours, but I have other duties so am not always able to respond in the chat in a timely fashion.
By all means create new threads and discuss things amongst yourselves we’ll lurk when we can and feedback to the team or reply directly – we will also communicate regularly via chat and sticky threads about known issues.
2) Why we ask (but never force) users to pay for items:
The answer to this question is simple. We are a business, made up of game fanatics, but a business nonetheless. The game is a casual F2P game, that gives users the OPTION of microtransactions, the alternative being users need a bit of patience to progress.
Some games stop progress entirely if no transactions are made, and we don’t do that. Everything is free with patience which doesn’t cost anyone anything with the exception of the All Star challenge that charges a one-off unlock fee to play the harder cards. Think of it as premium content due to having known celebrities involved- if we ever do charge for content it’ll be due to the particular sponsorship deal that we’ve made, it’s a possibility but we’ll always try and keep the core game F2P as well. We figured that some people may not mind supporting us by unlocking some challenges etc, so that option is there for those that can and it’s on a part of the game that doesn’t really affect your story and you can happily ignore if you want.
This was the initial model that we launched on Facebook and it suited the platform well. Yes, we realise Kong users prefer a more hardcore model of continuous gameplay, but without having separate versions of the game, we’ve tried to balance it for all platforms whilst maintaining incentive to transact. That’s the nature of a business, and due to the production quality of the game (bugs aside!) sponsorship only covers a tiny proportion of the running costs of the content, it doesnt even touch running the rest of the business. We still have to pay our employees, rent an office and do all the things businesses do.
2) To report a bug with the game, please use the “Report an Issue” link on the bottom of the game that looks like small print (behind the scenes this gives us a snapshot of your game which makes it much easier for us to see where you are and help you), or if you can’t please email directly, including your Kongregate ID so we can check your game to: help [at] werinteractive [dot] com – we don’t get any game information via email so please provide as much as possible for us to try and re-create your issue as if we can’t re-create, we can’t fix it that easily.
For us to really help you, a screenshot of the problem would be great if required, also giving as much detail about the issue as possible what happened, when, what fixture were you in, what tactic etc.. not just “my game doesn’t work” as that’s not going to help us. Finally please check your junk folders- we reply to every email we get within 48 working hours but sometimes spam filters and things mean we might not receive them or you don’t get our reply. We don’t mind repeat emails but please leave some time in-between sending them.
We are always happy to hear feedback, bearing in mind we’ve been up and running on Facebook with the same game since 2011, so we won’t necessarily be able to address all comments individually as we get a lot of feedback, a lot of it the same. We will try and keep you updated as best as we can on future updates, bug fixes etc here.
That said, re: locked forum topics… we’ve locked them to avoid people posting a torrent of bug reports under information topics, and then complain they’re never addressed.. and to keep those particular topics clean.You’re more than welcome to open up your own topics for discussion and feedback. We try and read everything even if we don’t reply.
3) Bugs. Before/After the league cups.
- We have tweaked the balance of matches in the game over time, eg some teams will be harder to beat in new places then they were before- this gives users a realistic story arc through the season that doesn’t just curve upwards in difficulty. Even underdog teams can win, sometimes unexpectedly.
- In league cups, you’ll get a heads up chart to see just how tough the opposition will be to beat. This will help you manage tactics and powerups better reducing waste.
- The number of chances in a match should have improved on average across a season. Statistically, this means an overall improvement but of course, some users may be unlucky…
BUT, we are currently investigating a 0-score possible bug, as we guarantee at least 1 chance per match without tactics and more with tactics, although this would still not guarantee you a win if you scored it, as your team could still be too hard to beat. Atm there are reports of people getting 0 chances with or without a tactic so we’re working on that now. Apologies to all affected.
- Shooting power – again we’re investigating reports of changes but nothing we’ve done should have affected things so verification is needed before any further changes are made.
We had some teething problems with the game update, which caused some issues of users being stuck in matches or training. We believe those issues to now be fixed.
We’re fixing issues as fast as we can identify their cause, but some things are harder to re-implement without downtime. Our aim is to address the main issues next week (0 scoring chances, tactics not giving chances, certain Gillette powerups not working (users will not be charged for these though)).
Unfortunately persistent authentication issues are still an unknown quantity for us at the moment, as are persistent log-in screen issues. Those are the big ones that we are still stumped on. We believe Auth issues are a caching issue, as most people clear their browser cache, user a diff browser and it’s fine, but for some users they still get stuck- we’d recommend Google Incognito windows to try if this is affecting you.
Anyway, thanks for your time letting us know your thoughts.. again we’re not anti-feedback, but there are some preferences we have on how we get it if that’s cool with everyone. We just want you to know that we’re committed to improving the game as much as it can be improved even though we can’t respond to everyone who posts here individually.
All the best,