Originally posted by Paleran:
I read through a few pages and it’s been talked about somewhat, but I feel the need to stress how broken the selling is in this game.
I’m level 60 at appeal level 8 with a good city (377k). I can make items like there’s no tomorrow, but I constantly am building up supply since I can’t sell it to customers. They’re constantly mad at me. They constantly ask for rare items that I either can’t make or don’t want to sell since I use them for dungeons. I’ve gotten to the point where I look for what customers are asking for, and recognize the icons of the items I have even the remotest desire of selling. But my inventory is constantly growing.
A few issues that I can think of:
- Customers seem VERY biased to asking for items based on rares. This can’t be simply a function of the fact that I hoard them, because I have LOTS of other items whenever I open up suggest.
- There doesn’t seem to be enough variety in what they ask for. I have a Bard who I think has asked for War Drums I’ve seen 90% of the time she’s in my shop.
- As has been brought up – there’s no way to really haggle. Nearly all my customers are at Bad affinity (10%), so suggesting is fruitless.
- Even if I manage to get a customer up to Great affinity, there’s no way I’m going to keep track of who it is, and I’m not clicking on every customer that enters the store.
A few ideas:
- Give us IN GAME ways of increasing affinity that aren’t RNG or at least can improve my chances – mini-quests, sell at a lower price to increase probability, etc. Yes, I know I can spend a Mithril Gear to reset them all to ‘good’, but I would never waste the money since they’ll all be at ‘bad’ within a couple weeks game time.
- Please let me see the customer’s mood before I click on them.
- Let me remove items from the suggest screen. Just a click-box to say don’t show it. They can still ask for it, I just want to not accidentally click on that valuable pre-craft or extremely rare item accidentally, nor have to scan through the ever-growing list of items for ones I DO want to sell.
can’t stress how true all of this is