Love what Kongregate is doing in the web and mobile games space?
Come join the team.
Kongregate is a browser based game site combining over 100,000 games with achievements, high scores, chat, profiles, payments, and other community features. Kongregate is also a mobile publisher focused on free-to-play games for both iOS and Android. Kongregate reaches 15 million players per month, who spend over 33 million hours playing our games.
We are a tight-knit team of over 55 people with a strong startup culture, and a very independent subsidiary of GameStop, the largest video game retailer in the world.
We practice iterative, test-driven development, work sustainable hours, and offer competitive compensation, with offices in San Francisco and Portland.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Medical & Maternity Leave
- Competitive Salaries & 401(k) plans
- Casual work environment
- Towerfalling, Board Gaming, Rock Climbing
- Out of office activities
Mobile QA Tester
Working with direct or close supervision, the Mobile QA Tester tests Kongregate's mobile games and related product releases as directed to identify and correct programming flaws…
Learn more »
Mobile QA Tester
Working with direct or close supervision, the Mobile QA Tester tests Kongregate's mobile games and related product releases as directed to identify and correct programming flaws
that might otherwise affect customer usability and satisfaction. Leveraging high orientations for detail and quality, the Tester rigorously examines changes prior to release and escalates issues appropriately.
This role interacts with a supervisor frequently, perhaps daily, to receive guidance, direction, and general support. Nearly all non-routine decisions must be approved in advance by a supervisor. This support
function is is one with basic or working scope and complexity, with a low level of independent decision-making.
- Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Document bugs with steps to recreate problems.
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as test requirements change.
- Complete regular test plans and playthroughs of mobile games.
- Test other Kongregate platform tools and offerings.
- Manage build releases, track changes, and ensure submission candidates have met all necessary criteria for release.
- Document new features or changes to Kongregate platform tools and the state and health of individual games.
- Read and respond to community forums and emails.
- Test across multiple platforms (iOS and Android).
- Collaborate daily with the with QA, engineering, production, and product team to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Research, identify, reproduce, isolate, and report defects.
- Verify resolved defects against all applicable environments.
- Provide input/status updates regarding test progress/results daily.
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace.
- Model the high level of customer service expected of all GameStop and Kongregate associates including, but not limited to, responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes, completing projects as committed, responding to others' feedback appropriately, and making optimal use of organizationally limited resources by offering assistance to other functional teams when appropriate.
- Related Competencies:
- Contributing to Team Success- Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Initiating Action- Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work- Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation- Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checks processes and tasks; follows procedures; ensures high-quality output.
- Basic and Preferred Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required; at least two successful (2.5 GPA or better) years of college study preferred
- At least 1 years of organizational work experience required; Quality Assurance experience in the video games industry is preferred
- Minimum Qualifications, Job Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated capacity for acquiring a proficient ability to navigate and test Kongregate's mobile games and related products successfully within the first two weeks of employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android devices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of mobile free-to-play games.
- Working knowledge of essential testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to model customer-focused behaviors leading to outstanding customer experiences.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop and Kongregate policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
This position is for our San Francisco location. To apply, send a resume to: jobs+QA@kongregate.com with "Mobile QA Tester" in the subject line.