Jobs at Kongregate
Kongregate is a browser based game site combining over 75,000 games with achievements, high scores, chat, profiles, payments, and other community features. Kongregate is also a mobile publisher focused on free-to-play games for both iOS and Android. Kongregate reaches 15 million players per month, who spend over 33 million hours playing our games. We are a tight knit team of over 55 people with a strong startup culture, and a very independent subsidiary of GameStop, the largest video game retailer in the world.
The majority of Kongregate's revenue comes from our application platform for virtual goods-based browser games. These range from the more immersive social games to web-based MMOs and strategy games.
We practice iterative, test-driven development, work sustainable hours, and offer competitive compensation. We have very low turnover. We have offices in San Francisco and Portland, with engineering satellites in Denver and Providence.
Kongregate, a mobile & web games publisher, is looking for a Mobile QA Tester. This role will work closely with
our mobile production team in a variety of areas including testing builds, creating test plans, and working with third party
QA organizations in their testing efforts. Using organizational skills and a strong attention to detail the Mobile QA Tester will
rigorously examine and evaluate games while maintaining a thorough structure and test plan to ensure the best possible testing and
- Document bugs with detailed steps to reproduce, while prioritizing testing processes to focus on the most important issues
- Construct test plans and test cases for a variety of games with an awareness of the differences between platforms and devices
- Test other Kongregate platform tools and offerings including user and community facing features
- Distribute test builds and submission candidates to third parties and install them on a variety of mobile devices in-house
- Manage build releases, track changes, and ensure submission candidates have met all necessary criteria for release
- Collaborate daily with various team members including members of production and product
- Verify resolved issues against all applicable devices and platform
- Provide input/status updates regarding test progress, build quality and stability on a regular basis
- Maintain documentation on new features or changes to Kongregate platform tools, and the state and health of individual games
- Read and respond to community forums and emails while sourcing user reported bugs
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational
policies related to our respectful workplace
- Quality Assurance experience in the video games industry
- Knowledge of iOS and Android devices and testing games and apps on a variety of platforms and devices
- Experience with creating test cases and leading other QA testers is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile F2P games is desirable
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others
- Ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop and Kongregate policies and procedures, including but not limited to,
attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
This position is for our San Francisco location. To apply,
send a resume to email@example.com with "Mobile QA Tester" in the subject line.
As a Data Analyst on Kongregate's publishing team, your mission is to guide our external developers to implement free-to-play mechanics and game design backed up by robust game analytics. You will combine the best in qualitative and quantitative game analysis and research to support producers and external developers in the creation of amazing mobile game user experiences. You will drive the improvement of key game metrics and performance indicators, including player progression, engagement, retention and monetization.
- Collaborate with producers and developers to analyze/optimize game systems and features
- Lead analytical deep dives on live games to uncover product strengths, opportunities and weaknesses and use this data to influence game development roadmaps
- Design and create dashboards for tracking key game metrics as well as ad-hoc analysis
- Design and analyze A/B tests to optimize gameplay and KPIs
- Troubleshoot data quality issues and relay findings and potential solutions to stakeholders
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, and ambitious
- Passion for the mobile games business
- Expert knowledge of databases and SQL
- Strong background in math and statistics
- Experience with mobile free-to-play games and their best practices
- Strong communication and multitasking skills
- Quantitative degree (Engineering, Math, Economics, Finance, etc)
- 1+ years of experience in web or mobile analytics
- 1+ years of experience in free to play analytics
- Advanced degree
- Data modeling, machine learning, or data mining experience.
- Experience with Redshift/AWS, PostgreSQL, Swrve, Tableau, Ruby, and stats packages
- Programming or scripting experience
This position is for our San Francisco location. To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Data Analyst" in the subject line.
Kongregate, a mobile & web games publisher, is looking for an Integrations Engineer to join our small and nimble mobile development team.
The principal service that the mobile team is responsible for is the cross-platform Kongregate SDK. The SDK supports components such as gaming features, deep game analytics, Kongregate platform features, and conversion testing to name a few.
Your role will be to proactively manage developers’ integrations and updates of the Kongregate SDK and other services into their games. You’ll help developers leverage all of the resources that Kongregate has to offer and provide the technical support needed on a daily basis. This role will ensure quality of integration with regards to the Kongregate SDK, analytics data, fraud prevention, as well as contributing to SDK documentation.
Depending on level of experience and the familiarity with our services, this role may eventually lead consulting external devs on scalability and best practices, or code/technical reviews.
- Be the front-line support for third party game developers who are integrating our SDK or new features within it
- Communicate changes via Release Notes, documentation site, and forums
- Ensure the SDK and integration meets feature requirements and quality standards
- Identify efficiency opportunities in processes, standards, and procedures
- Passionate games, leveraging resources, and product quality
- Some experience with iOS, Android, or Unity programming
- Experience with SDK or tools integrations with external developers
- Experience in customer support, quality assurance or related field
- Responsive, personable, and a good temperament when working with external teams
- Ability to learn quickly and comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Analytical mind set and ability to understand, explain and document detailed process flows
Nice to have:
- Experience working with remote teams
- SDK/Android/iOS/Unity QA experience
- Experience with receipt verification, cheating/fraud prevention
- iOS/Android programming experience
This position is for either of our San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR offices.
To apply, send a resume to email@example.com with "Mobile Integrations Engineer" in the subject line.
Kongregate, a mobile & web games publisher, is looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to join our tight-knit and highly productive team. We practice iterative, test-driven development, work sustainable hours, and offer competitive compensation.
Ideal candidate will:
- Be smart
- Get things done
- Love shipping solid code
- Have demonstrated Ruby on Rails experience
- Enthusiasm for Linux system automation/Puppet a big plus
Our engineering team is based in Portland, OR - this position will most likely be there, though we will consider candidates for our San Francisco office as well.
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Web Developer" in the subject line.